ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Info please

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 172
I was wondering if anyone nos if a standard clio grill will fit a 172 reason being ive got a track hack 172 and the grill is broke ive seen standard grills for sale for £12 but clio 172s are £75 an if its only that they look a bit different i dont care aslong as it fits

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I was wondering if anyone nos if a standard clio grill will fit a 172 reason being ive got a track hack 172 and the grill is broke ive seen standard grills for sale for £12 but clio 172s are £75 an if its only that they look a bit different i dont care aslong as it fits
Yes but will look naff ;-)

Clio 172
Also the car has ac so ive ripped all the pipework an rad an stuff out was going to take the compressor out and just get a shorter belt but someone i no said you cant do that and need to by a delete kit is there a reason why i cant just remove it an put a shorter belt on
Yes but will look naff ;-)
Result i save £60 that i can put into another trackday it looks naff enough as it is as a beaten up trac hack lol

Clio 172
Ive looked into an spoken to a mechanic today an he said about bump stops are these also known as full stops as im not sure of the specific things on the clio i recently had the dephazer changed and i said to the guy it sounds like a weapon out of a star wars film not a car part

Ive looked into an spoken to a mechanic today an he said about bump stops are these also known as full stops as im not sure of the specific things on the clio i recently had the dephazer changed and i said to the guy it sounds like a weapon out of a star wars film not a car part

Don't take the bump stops out.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
I tried to download the link but it wouldnt work ive managed to solve the problem my mechanic removed the air con pump changed a pully thing and put a new bflt on it £24.79 for the parts and £30 for doing it with the money i saved on that and the grill ive booked to do castle coombe so that was a result thanks for everyones help id seen comments online about forums being full of keyboard warriors an people who just take the piss but even tho some of the advice ive been given has been a bit odd an at times slightly confusing im glad i joined and thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply an offer advice

Clio 172
Also would anyone no of any other tyres apart from toyo r888s to use as tboth sets ive used have seemed to fade a bit when they get hot apparently nankang do a brand but are quite cheap and when it comes to non cosmetic stuff that actually serves a purpose other than looks im not a fan of cutting corners

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Also would anyone no of any other tyres apart from toyo r888s to use as tboth sets ive used have seemed to fade a bit when they get hot apparently nankang do a brand but are quite cheap and when it comes to non cosmetic stuff that actually serves a purpose other than looks im not a fan of cutting corners
If it's purely going to be used on track - the next thing after tyres that would be worth investing in would be some decent brakes up front. Standard kit can fade quite quickly - but potentially you'll be on the slippery spending slope of better brake fluid/cooling, braided brake lines, etc. What should be a cheap upgrade can soon equate to £££!

Also, one member on here recently mentioned that he reduced the fluid level slightly on the power-steering as it can heat and expand under heavy use.

Clio 172
It has discs with holes an grooves in and pads that are by someone called carbon loraine sounds like a hair care company to me so maybe someone can suggest a good make to use it also has what look like almost metal brake pipes like on a piece of plant machinery so im not sure how good they are

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
It has discs with holes an grooves in and pads that are by someone called carbon loraine sounds like a hair care company to me so maybe someone can suggest a good make to use it also has what look like almost metal brake pipes like on a piece of plant machinery so im not sure how good they are

Carbone Lorraine are track/race pads.

Clio 172
Of the specific items ive been told by my mechanic not to post photos with the number plate on or with anything recognisable in the background he says because theres a chance if its seen on media someone may attempt to steal it i think personally this is a bit extra or maybe because the area i live in isnt the greatest would you have any views on this sort of thing still going on i remember back in 93 i had my sapphire cosworth lifted over my fence by a crane truck an stolen but does this sort of stuff still go on now days specially on banged up old clio track cars

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Do you keep the car garaged?

Would someone local not be able to see the car with the potential to steal it. Where abouts do you live?.

Clio 172
I have photos of all the boxis an receipts for the items fitted it seems like the pwople on hear are very knowledgeable and helpful so any advice would be greatly appreciated the person i got the car from new nothing about cars it actually belonged to his brother who died of cancer he asked me if i new of a company who would take the car away as it had no tax or mot so i said id have it it passed mot just needed wiper blades and a battery because its really small and now its in the car where the passenger seat would be and the guy said they dont last long as there so small

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that’s bull s**t. I very much doubt there is going to be some Gone in 60 seconds style GTA of a track clio…if someone is going to nick it, it certainly wouldn’t be because of photos posted here. Plus we have build threads for cars with big engine swaps costing £00000’s! They’d probably target them first rather than a car someone has saved £30 on by fitting a non sport grill.

Clio 172
No just on the drive i guess they could but the steering wheel comes off and it has some red switches that you turn i liven in wembly north west london

Clio 172
Ok thanks for the advice yeah to me its not worth much i got it free spent about 250 on it max on shite to make it look less of a banger racer but tyres are very expensive but when it comes to safety you cant mess around i asked my neighbour whos a builder if he would cut one of the bars out of near the door so i could get in an out easier but he said he didnt think it was a good idea as roll cage has 2 be all one piece but its such a pain in the arse clambering in and out a proper mission

Clio 172
Grill came an it fits just the same just different shape holes what a joke would of been 50 pound more for the different one unreal aint it

Clio 172
I've just seen the post someone put about the carbon Lorraine brakes that must be a benefit then as all I'm doing is smoking it round the track not driving it on the road

Clio 172
Would anyone no if a tyre called yokahama a052 is any good as ive been told there better than the toyo r888 from what ive experienced these are good but after say 25/30 laps they get a bit slippery i think its because there hot but any advice would be much appreciated as ive just been lucky enough to book a trackday at mallory park tomorrow and if im going to get some new tyres i need to do it this afternoon also does anyone no of any good hotels near that track

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
A052 are a league above R888's.

Definitely get them if you can.

Don't know about hotels in the area though, i don't know it well enough.

Clio 172
Thats lucky im just having them fitted at the place now and had a right touch the lad fitting them let the jack handle go an it put a little dent in the door not that it matters the cars got demts all over it so i pretended to be on the phone to my solicior taking advice on weather to go through insurance or go to claims court an the manager came over and said i can have them half price so 205 pound for 4 lol what a result i wouldnt mind but i dont even have a solicitor so funny
A052 are a league above R888's.

Definitely get them if you can.

Don't know about hotels in the area though, i don't know it well enough.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
1634214506447.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Thats lucky im just having them fitted at the place now and had a right touch the lad fitting them let the jack handle go an it put a little dent in the door not that it matters the cars got demts all over it so i pretended to be on the phone to my solicior taking advice on weather to go through insurance or go to claims court an the manager came over and said i can have them half price so 205 pound for 4 lol what a result i wouldnt mind but i dont even have a solicitor so funny

That's less than half price surely?

They're like £130 a tyre aren't they?

Edit: £150 a tyre on demon tweeks!

Clio 172
God nos i just paid 205 pound for 4 so i dont care what they cost I'm just so upset they dented my pride and joy lol

Clio 172
I don't think it would be the best idea to put on media what company are used and then pretended that they're broken my heart dent in my car to get half-price tyres when I couldn't really give a monkey's if the car's got dents all over it come on now English is my second language but I'm not that stupid

Clio 172
If any of you guys are near Mallory Park tomorrow you're more than welcome to come up and have a blast around after all you won't be costing me anything on tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.