ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injection Fault

1.5 dci 106 Clio
I have a Clio 1.5 dCi 106 and I am having the following fault and I am wondering if someone else has had this fault and/or know how to fix it!?

Intemitently I get a message saying 'Injection Fault'

Just before this happens the engine feels like its struggling and struggling to pull.

It doesn't seem to happen in summer only in winter.

I have had it hooked up to a management console (none Renault) and it returned no faults.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it. I was thinking of replacing the injectors to see if it fixes the fault as I am gettting desperate as it seems to be worse this winter.

Many thanks.

Ste..

1.5 dci 106 Clio
I don't know if this has been posted in the right forum.

Mods, please move if its in the wrong forum..

Regards..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Take it somewhere with proper diagnostics to get looked at... code readers don't always hold the answer ;)

How old is the car? Sounds like a cold start issue so my guess is an EGR fault or something to do with the cold start relay circuit.

Mick

Megane dci 130
There WILL be a fault logged if the check injection warning light came on. Take it to some one with clip. I dont really know of any issues with the 106's though, there a pretty reliable motor! Possible boost pressure sensor maybe i suppose.

1.5 dci 106 Clio
Thanks for the replies....

MicKPM - Yeah, I spoke to my mate who's a mechanic and he said that it was more like and EGR fault (over my head!). Is that an expensive repair?
The car is an '06' reg car so its not so old. Its got about 60,000+ miles as its a 40-45 mle round trip to work.

shepperdspie - I have had a diesel leak when I first got the car, but its been a reliable car ever since! Whats 'clip'?

Jonny1*2 - I'm in St Helens mate...

Regards..
Ste

Megane dci 130
Diesel leak would of been the return rail. Common on them. I dont think the 2 will be related.

Clip is the system used by Renault.

1.5 dci 106 Clio
sheppardspie - cheers for the explanation.

Jonny1*2 - I noticed when you replied were your located. Would you be able to look at my car, if you don't mind!?