ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injection Warning Light

Clio 1.2 1998 S Reg
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to this but thought it was a great way of finding out problems.

About a month or so ago, I drove up to London in my 1.2 Clio, 1998 S Reg.
I found that on my journey back to my home that a warning light come on that looked like a heart beat.
It is situated right next to my rev counter and it stayed on for about 5 minutes and then went off.

I realise that since reading my Handbook that it is an electric or eletrical problem and might have something to do with the immoboliser.
But me being a girl, I dont really know a great deal about cars.

My speedo has been dropping a lot and this light only really ever comes on after about it goes back to normal.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem before?
I work for Mercedes-Benz and they told me I need to get it diagnosed to find out the error code, but if someone else has had this problem and knows a bit of info that would be great!
MOT coming up soon :(

Thanks! Tulay

Jap Box
Ive got this light coming up on mine, mine only comes up on starting the car and then goes though so it isnt storing any errors for the garage to be able to diagnose.

It could be coil pack, spark plugs, rubbing of the cables around the ECU/behind the engine. Really is a pain to find.

Clio 1.2 1998 S Reg
Ahhhh thank you very much! It is a pain in the ass but It doesnt come on all the time, its every now and then like once a week and its been happening for a couple of months now. It doesnt flash either it just comes on stays on for about 5 minutes and then goes. Hopefully not too expensive. Thanks for your help.