ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector 4 Fault

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Hello all,

driving home from kent last night car suddenly started running on 3 cylinders, limped it home then after about 70 miles it suddenly fixed itself and started running perfectly fine again.

Got the RSTuner out this morning, error code "Injector 4 fault", fair enough gave it a few revs and it was back on 3 cylinders.

Got a new injector from ECP (same brand etc as the original) swapped the injector closest to the pulleys (I read on here cyl 1 is flywheel end). Started the car runs perfect now, cleared the fault code using the RSTuner went for a drive for more petrol.

I put some redex in as well just because I thought it would be nice. Got back home and checked the fault codes for it to read "injector 4 fault" again!?

I cleared it then turned the key to off put it back on ign and it had cleared the fault code. Started the car then checked for fault codes and same again "Injector 4 fault"

What is happening? Is there something else at fault here or is it normal for it to take a little bit more time to clear the fault codes?

Cheers

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
yeah it drives perfect, its the identical part to the original - same part numbers everything "IWP042"