ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet Air Temp sensor on Cup

E36 323i coupe

Anyone know where either the Inlet Air temperature Sensor (IAT) is or, if doesnt exist, then the engine coolant temperature sensor, in the 172 Cup.

Pics would be appreciated as am a bit thick with engines and the like!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

You aint getting a "drag mod" are you?! ;)

Will look on mine tomorrow, will be able to tell you then.

E36 323i coupe

Just want to try something. If it works, great. If it doesnt... nothing lost; nothing gained... as it was a gift.

Its a timing advance component.

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 02 December 2003

yep... does it do anything at all?
It does actually make it go faster, but runs the risk of damaging things in the process......

Not recommended!

advancing the timing on this engine will have no benefits becaues it runs a knock detection sensor which will r****d the ignition to back where you started.

Dont go slipping in silly resistors on a perfectly good management system.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 02 December 2003

Just want to try something. If it works, great. If it doesnt... nothing lost; nothing gained... as it was a gift.

Its a timing advance component.
So, a few pence worth of resistor then... ;)

They do actually kinda work, but only by messing with the timing & fuelling, which in the longterm aint good for the engine.

My mate tried one for a laugh and said it was noticeable, but he took it off again.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

all what these resistors try to do is confuse the injection computer into thinking the engine it is at a different tempurature to what it really is so causing the engine computer to use a different stratagy(inj duration,timing etc).on a modern inj system all i could see it doing is causing problems so i wouldnt bother if i was you.

Exactly!

If Renault (or any other manufacturer) could make a car more powerful and faster for literally pennies, they would.