ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet manifold polishing

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Have seen a few pics on here of ff172/182's that have polished inlet manifold and injector rail guards and painted engine covers just wanting to know if this was machine polished or done with drill flap wheel or what ? Does inlet need to be removed from car to do this I know injector rail guard does . Anyone know ? ?:S

VRS
its easier to do the inlet manifold/plenium when its off the car as its easier to get in the tricky places and it reduces the risk of getting metal flakes in the engine bay

you can get a metal polishers to do it for you for around 100 quid for manifold and fuel rail or you can have a go yourself with a combination of wet and dry paper, metal polish and wire drill bits/dremels

you have to be really careful when using power tools though because the metal is very soft and you can easily take too much metal away if your heavy handed

andy

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Thanks for that mate might have a go myself have you done yours yourself ?
:approve:

182BG
can someone tell me how you actually take the fuel rail off (where are the bolts located)?

and what grade(s) of sandpaper is best to use to polish it?

oh and what is the best paint to use for the engine?

Lee

VRS
fuel rail is removed with an extended 10mm socket. the bolts are in the middle 2 holes

use as many grages of wet and dry as possible to get the best finish
start with 120 and work to 1500+

i used hammerite but you can also use plasticote or other heat resistent paints