ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner CV Boots split

Black 172 ph2
Any ideas on a price to get these repaired? Can the boot just be replaced on the Clio or is a full set up?

I've got an expensive month coming up (4x Tyres, Exhaust and Inner CV Boots) OUCH!

Cheers,
Chris

ITB'd MK1
can be done but it's a pain as the original is a pressed sealed unit. 2 sensible option are using a split boot (type you glue up) or get a better condition or new shaft.

Black 172 ph2
No its both that are split :( I swear Renault did it when I had my headlights sorted and got a "FREE" check!!!!

I will get it to my local garage and get teh options priced up then. Everything has seemed to go on the car all at the same time.....so annoying!!!!!!

arctic 182 black wheels
recommend new drive shafts, mine split and i cudn't get 182 cv's anywhere so i managed to get universal 1's but they lasted about 3 days then took the car in and got driveshafts done on warranty! it only took them 3 goes 2 get it right (thick b#####s put 1.2 unfranchised parts in) so everytime i was tryin 2 get the power down they were just poppin clean out!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I got my mechanic to get a universal one as apparently the renault ones are rubbish with a plastic seal that comes away easily.

The one I had fitted came with a lifetime warranty, providing it isn't penetrated by an external foreign object.

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
i just got a outer cv boot from M.D and it cost me £12.70 inc vat and it was on the shelf

RenaultSport clio 17
Hey guys

i also have a inner CV boot thats split, i have purchased a new repair kit from renault, Im going to repair it myself but would like to know in step by step on how to remove and reinstall new boot.

thanks,

Not got a car
I had both sides in the same week. Messy as f**k of a job. There was s**t everywhere and I got very angry when doing it, never worked in such a mess.