ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

input shaft seal problems!

Clio Sport 182
Hi,
I've read a lot of people having problems witht he input shaft seals and I'm having a complete nightmare. my input shaft guide sheared off so I bought a replacement which didn't fit this one came with a seal built on but is to big to fit. I then bought a second one direct from Renault which is just a plain metal one with no seal. I believe this one is right, it has the same product number (plate 8200128328) as the one which came from it origionally. behind this was a seal which was marked 24,5 X 37,93 but is damaged so i cant see the rest. Renault seem to think there is no seal to stop the oil leaking through and i know that is not true. i also bought a new bearing to go with it for the input shaft also direct from Renault which is different to the one that is on there. this one is similar to a wheel bearing which is taprered and sits on a solid ring either side. but the one that is fitted on it at the moment the rollers sit directly on the input shaft? the internal measurement seems the right measurement but i don't want to strip the box to find that i cannot find the right bearing if this is the case as it seems like its just an updated version.
any help at all will be greatly appreciated as me nor my mechanic can seem to source the correct parts and Renaults only solution is buy a new gearbox directly from them which is definitely not happening.

Clio Sport 182
heres the bearing currently on it as you can see the rollers are directly on the shaft, but ive left the garage now to get a picture of the new bearing, but its very similar to a wheel bearing i took out of the rear hub on the old corsa. the seal then presses against this then the guide plate then goes on.

Attachments

• 12837760_10206080664516599_509323231_o.jpg
    12837760_10206080664516599_509323231_o.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 12842438_10206080664436597_1927002890_o.jpg
    12842438_10206080664436597_1927002890_o.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 127
  Clio Sport 182
Yeah I was prepared for that it's sourcing the bearing and seal which is the problem any ideas where to order them from please ?

Clio Sport 182
@dane0 the bearing/seal assembly needs pressing in to the casing as well.
Getting the work done is no problem at all do you still need the gearbox number as I don't have this and won't be able to get it until Tuesday or are the pictures good enough. On one of the first pictures I posted the seal was the part on the far right. I'm 99% sure I've got the wrong bearing from Renault and they said there was only one version of the gearbox materials which I know isn't true. Thanks so much for your help I'm looking forward to getting the part numbers from you :)

Clio Sport 182
sorry for reviving a dead thread (which may help a lot of other people if they have idiots in their local Renault dealers) but NorthloopCup has been a massive help and deserves a well earned cookie, problem solved! thanks a lot