ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insert exzibit joke here... (Type r content)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
"Yo dawg, we heard you like spoilers, so we put a spoiler on your spoiler"

C8808EFC-BBD8-4DEA-8671-1550BE7F694B-14490-0000083A2F6856BB_zpsf445caf4.jpg

1FEA80DF-A0B6-4772-B285-6FFA2BBD0936-14490-0000083A370156A5_zps595d6514.jpg

just got to work and saw this in the multistorey.. Caught my eye to say the least..

just what every FWD car needs, right?

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
It's a cool car and all and I know it's a standard fit part but it really made me want to laugh at it :S

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That is a championship white limited edition FN2 which has the diff fited as standard.The mugen spoiler is an add on.

I feel the spoiler is a bit OTT on a standard car but on the actual mugen version it looks ok...

172, Focus
I think all of those type r civics should have come with this spoiler, it does set it apart from the rest of the range

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That is a championship white limited edition FN2 which has the diff fited as standard.The mugen spoiler is an add on.

I feel the spoiler is a bit OTT on a standard car but on the actual mugen version it looks ok...

Care to explain the difference between the type r, the championship and the mugen please?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
iirc the championship is white only and just an added LSD

The Mugen has the bolt on wing and different exhaust and some stickers in additon to the usual champsionship stuff

Then there is the Mugen RR which has all that and a fair bit more but is import only! http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/224853/honda_civic_mugen_rr.html

And then just to add to it they made a 2.2 Mugen as well which is the usual Mugen with 256bhp and 10mm lower with sticky Yoko's http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/276283/honda_civic_typer_mugen_22_review.html

Civic is in the Megane/Golf sector.

That spoiler is perhaps a little OTT but it looks a lot better than that stupid thing that many people drill holes in their Clio tailgate for.

Been added on. The white limited edition Mugen version they also made with the grey wheels etc never even came with it either.

I like it when it's coupled with the rest of the Mugen kit.

Clio 172
Expensive piece of kit, even just for that spoiler its a grand without paint.. admittedly it does look odd without the rest of the kit but I have sooooooo much love for Mugen FN2's, there's one I've regularly seen rolling around Teesside <3

Evo 5 RS
Basically lol. ^

I remember reading Chris Harris saying the car doesn't even really make use of the LSD due to the lack of grunt.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Expensive piece of kit, even just for that spoiler its a grand without paint.. admittedly it does look odd without the rest of the kit but I have sooooooo much love for Mugen FN2's, there's one I've regularly seen rolling around Teesside <3

Just ebayed it. The prices for he mugen kit is insane! The civic lads must be mental to pay those prices

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
£38,599 for a Civic Mugen, jaysus.

Didn't realise they were re-bored to 2.2 either - 256bhp isn't anything to really write home about though is it? a 3MPS would do the same for 6k lol.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I quite like the Mugen's. Didn't realise they were that much new though! You'd have to be insane to buy one imo.

My boss put the Mugen front splitter, rear diffuser, rear spoiler and grille on his wife's old FN2. IIRC it was over £3.5k unpainted.

Clio 172 phase 1
Concentrate move tha way get these niggas up ou my face ..... Xzibit concentrate ................... Yes I wenter FULL r****d .... I wonder if he's ever looked in the rear view and cought the mrs ironing there by mistake...

Evo 5 RS
£38,599 for a Civic Mugen, jaysus.

Didn't realise they were re-bored to 2.2 either - 256bhp isn't anything to really write home about though is it? a 3MPS would do the same for 6k lol.

UK spec on the 2.2 is only 240bhp though IIRC?

The MPS isn't strung out like an elephant hanging from a piece of string either lol. 300ftlbs / bhp but a remap away. No Mugen prices included. Designer bull crap.

Evo 5 RS
Not really a thread fail. In fact I'd say it's quite an eye opener. OP see's stupid spoiler and thinks lol. Then is told it's a Mugen extra for said car. Is everyone then suddenly supposed to think it looks ok?

It's still a POS spoiler. Mugen kit is ridiculously overpriced, always has been. Bring back Motegi editions

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Not really a thread fail. In fact I'd say it's quite an eye opener. OP see's stupid spoiler and thinks lol. Then is told it's a Mugen extra for said car. Is everyone then suddenly supposed to think it looks ok?

It's still a POS spoiler. Mugen kit is ridiculously overpriced, always has been. Bring back Motegi editions

I don't care if its the rarest piece of kit on the road. It made me want to laugh at it.. And I still don't like it ;)

It's a nice looking car! Just not keen on civics and a lol-worthy spoiler looks out of place