ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inside a JC5-130 Gearbox

Not sure if this is off much interest to anyone on here, except the kind person who gave me this box to strip ;)

I was told the box had a 2nd or 3rd gear problem as, the damage occured when changing at that point.
I only wanted the Box to strip down and have a look at, cheaper too strip down a broken box than a working one ;)

1st off, this is what you'll find behind the black cover (5th gear and it's selector)

5th%20Gear%20selector.JPG

5th%20gear.JPG

And now whats inside the box

inside%20the%20Gearbox.JPG

inside%20the%20Gearbox%202.JPG

Now with the input shaft and gearset removed

Input%20shaft%20and%20Gearset.JPG

This is the selector for 3rd and 4th gear

3rd4th%20gear%20selector.JPG

And now a look at the 4th gear and the 4th gear side of the above selector, which seems to be slightly worn but still ok

4th%20gear.JPG

slightly%20worn%204th%20gear%20selector.JPG

And now the reason for the box requiring a rebuild.

Worn 3rd gear
worn%203rd%20gear.JPG

And a very worn 3rd gear selector

very%20worn%203rd%20gear%20selctor.JPG

I think the above coupled with a damaged selector fork and that's the reason for no drive on 3rd gear.

Colin, once you remove the bolts i was telling you about the other week, the box just comes apart, the diff is then removed, with the casings split there is nothing holding the diff in place.

The only question would be relating to the tapered roller bearing that is fixed to the diff, and if this is supplied fitted with a lsd.

I haven't got any pictures, as the diff was left with the previous owner for letting me have the box.

Chris