ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installed my k&n

Clio 1.2 16v
yep jus got it tonight from halfords, installed it and it sounds brill and its improved the preformance slightly, not much but slightly. However the fumes coming out my exhaust stink! is this normal?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Yeh i got that a bit, leave it idleing for a while just to adjust itself, if it still persists and you plan on getting a full exhaust system to then book it in to get remapped for the new parts.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
doesnt sound good, but when you hit 60mph onwards the car makes a rumble, :) if you want to see more difference, get a de-cat, i noticed easy acceleration since had it, but now its s**t again :( (hole in the Downpipe):mad:

Clio 1.2 16v
yh i will be getting a new ehaust and remap. any ideas how much remapping costs and how it will effect the preformance

Clio 1.2 16v
well i installed it, left it to idle for 2mins (couldnt wait any longer if u know what i mean) then went on a 15min drive buzzing off the noise lol. Got back home and left my car idling. After a few seconds i turned to my mate and said "f**king hell that one stinks u dirty b*****d" he then turned to me and said "i think its ur car m8". so i went to the exhaust n dam he was right.

Clio 1.2 16v
Oh another thing. i was thinking of buying the relocation kit from k-tec and i was wondering if this would fit my K&N adapter plate and filter. And if anyone has brought one are they any good?

Evo 6, E92 320d
It will fit, get some rubber resizers from halfords if you get stuck. Double check that your exhaust is all tight, with you thrashing it itmay have worked itself loose, happened to me before and it was a rough stink.

Clio 1.2 16v
ok great. no i dont have air-con. Ill have to get my car on a ramp when i get college, got a few problems with my car that needs sorting

Motorbikes
Mine smells a bit with the K&N in. Didnt think much of it as the car is running ok. Apart from my random electronics faults.

Personally, I think my K&N is sh!t. Doesnt do anything for performance and puts up my fuel consumption. Sounds ok but not great.

clio 182
the smell is more than likely from the catalyst as u have been thrashin the nuts off it fella.Ull notice an increase in fuel consumption as ur a feeding more air into the engine and the ecu learns from this and throws more fuel in to compensate otherwise your engine would run way to lean,(not enuff fuel in the cylinder)

Clio MK2 (1.2)
exhaust smell :S didnt get that with mine, dont think id bother with a re-map fella becaus its only a 1.2 after all, id go for a de-cat and a exhaust will sound better and gett a little bit quicker on the acceleration. :)

Clio 1.2 16v
well its not smeeling anymore, just using alot of fuel lol! iv had a thought. Im not going to get a remap, i might get a new engine put in, say 2.0 16v? wot do you guys reckon?

Clio 1.2 16v
lol, yup another. just wondering how hard it would be and how much it would cost. I would be putting it in myself with assistance from a few mates.