ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing LED footwall strips.

Twingo Dynamique
what wires do i need to purchase so i can get my strips to reach the centre console from a) driveers footwell and b)passenger footwell... ????

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
what wires do i need to purchase so i can get my strips to reach the centre console from a) driveers footwell and b)passenger footwell... ????

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

Work out the current which will flow through the wire, then find the awg gauge wire size you need for power transmission.

I would stay safe side and get AWG14 wire

Most extensions on ebay use AWG 20 which tends to got hot in use, no point risking electrical fires

Clio II Campus 2012
Hi guys,

I also want LEDs on footwall. Can you help me to find a wire, which i can connect them to?

I am searching for wire which goes live with central interiour light.

In the boot, it was easy, there is only one, but in the front :/

Hi guys,

I also want LEDs on footwall. Can you help me to find a wire, which i can connect them to?

I am searching for wire which goes live with central interiour light.

In the boot, it was easy, there is only one, but in the front :/

PM me at about 4 tomorrow and ill go get pictures of mine

Edit: Found a s**t quality photo on my laptop. Wire is wrapped under the metal track on the roof light.

This will be on whenever the main light is on (Not map light)

Will get better photo or make you a guide if you need one.

iftnyu.jpg

Last edited:
  2003 1.2 billabong
PM me at about 4 tomorrow and ill go get pictures of mine

Edit: Found a s**t quality photo on my laptop. Wire is wrapped under the metal track on the roof light.

This will be on whenever the main light is on (Not map light)

Will get better photo or make you a guide if you need one.

iftnyu.jpg

Make a guide, that way it can go in the guide section and i can use it when i get round to doing some for me :)

Clio II Campus 2012
Here is mine for now

42884396.jpg

I have removed the dash, and on steering wheel side, on cowl side pillar there was a cable. 3 pin. I connected it on red and brown cable, so it turns on with doors, and turns off with them as well.

I am planning to give some LEDs under the front seats, heading back carpet. Because there is no light in my car (i have got cabel allready prepared). I have got LEDs in trunk as well. Can post image if you want

As above, though I would advise against this as it will be a huge distraction with the footwells lit up. On my 182 I wired them into the interior light so anytime I opened the door they came on.

DSC_2498.jpg

as blue as they look my interior light LEDs were actually white..

This is exactly what I want to do, I want mine wired to the interior light so they go off while driving and come on with the doors etc , could anybody help in terms off links to the lights ill need and wiring ?

I've just been looking , the smallest I can get is 1 metre long ? How would I go about fitting that because I thought I'd need two? One either side ? What have other people done ? Do they just fold the metre one up ? Or run it straight across the centre as well! Thanks

Twingo Dynamique
I've just " upgraded" to 40cm RGB with ir controller. Much better imo because brightness can be adjusted, or i can have any colour i want :D 40cm is definitely better than 30 too imo as the light floods the foot well nicer :)

Clio Dynamique 75
Hello everyone, ive justbrought some led strips for my clio and wanna put them in to the footwell and boot, and was just wondering what would be the best way of connecting them to a 12v feed? thank you

Hello everyone, ive justbrought some led strips for my clio and wanna put them in to the footwell and boot, and was just wondering what would be the best way of connecting them to a 12v feed? thank you

Interior light seams to be the one as it comes on with the door! If its a perminant live it will be on when your driving without wiring in a switch !

Clio Dynamique 75
Interior light seams to be the one as it comes on with the door! If its a perminant live it will be on when your driving without wiring in a switch !
thank you, how would i do that? would u just wire it into the light or is there a place i can connect it? thank you

BlackGold 182
I'm going to be doing this shortly, is it the same for the boot? Just need to attach another led strip to the boot lights existing wires?