ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing OS X .. issues starting the process

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trying to restore my MacBook as I've sold it .. want a fresh install on there.

Boot from DVD and it restarts, but then all I hear is the disc spinning, there's a black screen then a white screen, and this just repeats ad infinitum......

Google doesn't really help :(

Only thing I've found is installing to a USB drive then installing on to the machine from there... but I can't get past step one as it won't boot into the disc. Disc doesn't appear to be scratched or anything :(

Anyone else had this issue !? :dapprove:

2008/9 MB 13.3" Intel 2.4

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I followed this, dont know if it helps

Last edited by a moderator:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
OK I may have been a moron .. but there's still something not right with the OS X discs.

Snow Leopard upgrade disc told me that I had to use the original discs to restore to factory settings, but now I've gone back in, via utilities and erasing HD data. Will see if this works if not I'll give you a shout Rob.

I'm selling as I'm short of dollars thanks to the money pit called the Subaru and having to buy a spare car. Also I don't use it at all... It was bought as a back up computer / something to do whilst cat sitting in 2009 lol ! Only Sash uses it now. She's not going to buy it off me any time soon !

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No SL disc is an upgrade disc, they all contain the real full copy.

The licence is the only thing that makes it an upgrade.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
TheEvilGiraffe reported for actually being Rob on a duplicate account.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I had this a while back DVD did nothing and a strange noise came from the drive.

15 times later and it worked.