ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing SSD...what else do i need?

Clio 182 Cup
I have put a SSD into my Macbook recently, all you need is the SSD and thats it. Just reuse the screws and fittings you take out with the old drive. There are plenty of guides on the net if you get stuck.

Its one of the best upgrades you will do, I added 8GB of Ram to mine with the SSD and it boots very fast and programs open very fast.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You may need a Torx T6 screwdriver. I did, but I have a 2010 model. Not sure if it's the same.

Clio 182 Cup
You will need an external USB to SATA connector, something like a HDD Dock or a cable then download and use SuperDuper on you mac and it will clone the drive.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It was recommended in another recent SSD thread that it would be better to do a fresh install, then just copy over all your documents/music/video etc files. That's what I did. Wasn't any more hassle really.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Can't really extend that much further lol. Fire all documents/music/vids/pics on an external hard drive (I also uploaded really important stuff to Dropbox and Google Drive), install SSD, install Mac OS, copy all of the aforementioned items back to your Mac. I then just installed applications again myself. I found I had loads of stuff installed that I never used, so it seemed a good way to get rid of it all.