ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance - Address & Occupation Change

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hi there,

Just been having fun doing an amended insurance quote for my girlfriend with Diamond who needs to change her address and occupation.

I ran some speculative quotes with the details used to take out the policy. The price Diamond quoted was £395.

Then with the change of address and occupation it was reduced to £375.

Yet when we filled out the Diamond amendment form, they wish to charge her £42.50. This makes absolutely no sense to me as even just the admin fee accounts for £17.50.

Anyone had any similar experiences and the best way to resolve?

Thinking of ringing up and mention a complaint to the FOS...

Black 172
I have had a few bad experiences with Diamond in a year of insuring with them. I had a claim last year where I eventually did their job for them in valuing my car. This year they failed to send me any renewal documentation. They compensated me nicely (£400) for my initial complaint. I don't intend on letting my current complaint be resolved easily.

Regardless I would give them a call and ask for the actual charge. If your not happy with it make a complaint. The lady who dealt with my complaint was the only person I could hold a sensible conversation with!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The new quotes are with new customer discount, amending quotes is always going to be more expensive.

Either argue the toss with them over the phone, or accept the extra few quid, pay up and move on.