ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance (again)

Have been on mums policy for 2 years now and think its about time I got my own policy especially after reading on here about fronting and stuff.

I have a problem though - the car is legally registered as my mums, and her name is on the V5. When I try and get quotes for myself, many wouldnt even quote cos the car is not mine. How do I get arond this? Can I just change the name on th V5? Does this devalue the car in anyway? Also, are the Admiral/Elephant 10 month plans worth it? I need to build up my no claims asap.

I have a 2003 1.6 dynamique and am 19, been driving for over 2 years. The best quote so far is from admiral, just over £1k. Any help would be great.

Tesco have quoted £2400, way too much! I dont mind paying admirals price but if the car was legally mine, would I get lower premiums?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by johnnyho on 08 July 2005

Tesco have quoted £2400, way too much! I dont mind paying admirals price but if the car was legally mine, would I get lower premiums?
Yes its much easier having the car registered in ru name!
It will add another owner to the car tho...

The 10month bonus accelerators arnt that good as they are nto recognised elsewhere........

you can change owner on the V5... but your mum will count as a "previous owner". Follow the same process as when you sell a car, i think its the Green part of the V5 you send off...

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 08 July 2005

you can change owner on the V5... but your mum will count as a "previous owner". Follow the same process as when you sell a car, i think its the Green part of the V5 you send off...

So does that reduce the value of the car? As I dont want to do it if it does. Doesnt the 10 months count as 1 year NCB tho? Im confused!