ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance and claims?

V70 d5 beast
Hi all i bought a clio 182 back in sep 2010 and insured it costing about £750, after 3 months i wrote it off,
so insured my clio 1.4 16v which i had on my drive still and i got £150 back which is fine

i'm 24 with 5 years no claims protected bonus, always insure it fully comp, parked on drive with security camers

I have just bought another 182 and went to cancel my old policy with admiral as i found a cheeper quote with elephant, i knw they are the same company.

The foriegn language speaker said i can cancel it but i would have to pay the cost of canceling it due to me having a claim on the policy? so i would get nothing back.

it was £603 to insure my 1.4 16v clio and the policy ends aug 2011 i dont get why i should have to pay/or get no refund for canceling a policy for having a claim on there?

anyway i asked to swap the cars over and it costed me an extra £170, £46 was to put my misses on and it ends in aug still.

i think he was saying the claim is still open? but i told him it was settled? hate not being able to understand them!!
just would like to know if this is going to happen again when i re-insure my car in aug?

oh and i did try sky insurance but cus i had a claim the closest i could get was £900 with discount worth a try

Any help would be great

Thanks Simon

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Were you paying by monthly instalments?

If so, that's what they're on about. It costs you £750/£603 to insure your car for a year. You've made a claim so the full year is payable. If you're paying monthly, no matter what you do with the policy, you still owe them the remaining monthly instalments.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
If you ring them around 9pm I usually get through to someone in America (with Bell) who is usually more helpful than the Welsh phone centre!