ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

insurance and other re-new...

Ford Fiesta

Just renewed my cliosport membership and its the same time as my insurance and tax :-(

anyway my free Renault insurance ran out and came back as £1045 for me,

so rang round all similar Tesco £830 but Churchill who say they wont do under 21s (i was 20 this jan) got me £524 :)!!!!!! same cover £400 excess just same. Lovely. Snapped it up.

Renault gave me 2 years extra no claims bonus so their quote was based on 3 years no claims. Obviously I can only take the one year no claims to Churchill however I have 2 years previous to my Reanult insurance with Ford and a letter confirming this.

My question is because my Ford 2 years no claims lapsed in May 2002 at which point I had made 2 years no claims with them, my Renault lapses on 13th April this year so is this 3 years no claims? surely I dont just lose 11 months no claims for that month overlap.

I was insured for a few months anyway just before my free ford insurance so technically I have been insured since march 2000 for a car and have not claimed.

I am not sure how no claims are earned, for instance if I had 2 cars and 2 policies would I get 2 years no claims for one year?basically I do not want to send my proof of no claims and them get back to me saying sorry sir this shows that it is not 3 years no claims til may since there are only a few weeks seperating them.

any help appreciated