ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance cancellation

hi guys, can't remember the last time I posted on here as I don't have a clio any longer! I've got problems with insurance. Basically I went for a type r. Got a decent quote for 6 months 3rd party fire and theft, by which time I would be 21 and insurance would be fine. bought the car and took the quote out, no problems. NOW, a few weeks into the policy I call my insurance company up, to ask a quick question, and they tell me my insurance has been cancelled, and a letter was posted :S (never received a letter!) So, they told me, that the amount I paid for the car, (hence the amount I told them it was worth) was less than market value, and the car was worth a fair bit more than that... thus they cannot quote me for a car of that value and my insurance is invalidated!

Don't know what to do as that was my only reasonable quote, and I shopped EVERYWHERE for a decent price. Any suggestions other than selling up? I've only had the car a few weeks!!! :( :(

thought you said you was 21..

directline wont insure under 21 on the type r i dont think as they refused to insure my 182

elephant was only company who wpould touch me on the 182 when i was 20 - 1750 for the year..

Ad

MK2 FRS
Try Aplan, they were significantly cheaper than anyone else on my typeR.

but being under 21 is gonna be an issue, most insurers wont insurer that kind of value car TPFT. Also the typer for some reason has a worse rep with insurers than the 182.....

think its probably becuase of the reputation..

all the chavs like wor type r n that innit

and parts will be more expensive to replace..

most insurers wont insure high group cars if your under 21. As the car is group 17 your going to find it very difficult but you could try greenlight insurance they were very good for me.

greenlight + A plan both ask for you to be over 21. Oh, and hi Anni, I haven't spoken to you in ages have I?! Been really busy. Hope you're keeping well.