ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance claim help

172, Tiguan
About 3/4 weeks ago a woman round the corner from us reversed into our clio and caught the rear 3/4 panel. I got her details, but spoke to her husband that evening and agreed that i'd get a couple of quotes together in the hope of settling outside of insurance.

A week later and I got a couple of quotes (both circa 1k to fix) With it being to much he asked for copies of the estimates and filled out a claim form through there insurers and sent off the forms.

My take on it all was they were claiming fault (which it was).

I've not heard anything since and that was coming up for two weeks ago. I've registered that the car was involved in an accident with our insurers, but wanting to avoid a "no fault claim" come renewal time I told them to hold fire on doing any work their end.

I've thought about texting the guy again end of this week and seeing if he's heard anything from his insurers as am now wondering how long our 10 month old car is going to sit with a dent and cracks in the paint before its fixed.

What do you guy's think?

Lee

BMW M2C
Have you told your insurance company, now they are going through theirs?

If not do that and they'll chase his on your behalf.

Ignore me, just read you've done that already!

172, Tiguan
lol! Yer i called them the morning he agreed that they couldn't afford to pay out the 1k for repairs it needs (of which parts are £19! lol).

Just wondering if and when we would receive a letter from his insurers saying go ahead and get the car fixed.

Worse case senario ill get back in contact with our insurers and get them to chase, but then the claim gets logged on our policy for next year.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
speak to your neighbour and ask him to contact his insurance again and ask whats happening.

vaux cavalier
lol! Yer i called them the morning he agreed that they couldn't afford to pay out the 1k for repairs it needs (of which parts are £19! lol).

Just wondering if and when we would receive a letter from his insurers saying go ahead and get the car fixed.

Worse case senario ill get back in contact with our insurers and get them to chase, but then the claim gets logged on our policy for next year.

you probably won't.....

with regards 'non fault' accidents, they shouldn't affect your policy premium in any way....

in your situation i would be inclined to inform your insurers that you wish to press on with your claim.....your insurance company will arrange for your car to be repaired, they will pay the bill then chase the 3rd parties insurance company for that money.....

you pay your insurance premium each year, let them earn their money.....

A

amitshah1990

I had a lady reverse into me when i wasnt in the car, so it was parked and she wanted to go through inurance. It took a good few weeks before the insurance companys got their acts together. Although my insurance did know about the claim it still didnt go down as a no fault claim though. It still take alot of chasing, to get it done even within a few weeks!
... Dam insurance companies

Clio 200
usually takes 5-7 days for them to get a claim ref - then they have to allocate it to a handler then they have to find time to deal with the claim so could be lengthy phone his insurance and chase up :)

172, Tiguan
Thanks for your help gents. Ill give the guy a call over the weekend and see whats happening. Want to avoid calling our insurers at all costs, but if it comes to it I will I guess.