ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Claim

Clio 80bhp DCI
Bit of a mind bender i think but can an insurance company refuse to pay out on a total loss My car was stolen(peugeot206) and found on fire the assesor viewed the car and said write off but now the insurance company has said that there was no damage to the door locks nor to the steering lock or ignition

I have already given the v5 mot and what keys i had to them but they say they are waiting on a police report,But by the sounds of it the assesor has said that i had a hand in destroying the car

Any advice im pretty much climbing the walls bad enough having a car stolen without everything else thats going on

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
you say 'what keys u had' ... what do u mean ?? did u not hand them all back ?
how was the car stolen ?

clio 16v
people can get into your car without touching the door locks, that metal thing that slides down inside the door. How did they nick it without breaking the steering lock tho?

Clio 80bhp DCI
I handed in my keys i could only hand in keys i owned any other keys that may fit and work i have no control over as to how it was stolen i have no idea hench saying i handed in the keys i had

Seems that the assesor reckons keys were used