ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Claim

In september of last year i was involved in a bit of a bump in my peugeot - the accident was 50/50 fault which we both agreed at the time of the accident - the other bloke then changed his mind and tried to claim i was "soley responsable" i disputed this and still claimed it was 50/50 - the last i heard from my insurance company was on December 12th when they said they were sending a letter to his insurance company saying that it was 50/50 but i have not heard anything since - how long do things like this take to sort out? and if ive not heard anything do i assume that the claim has gone through as 50/50 or would my insurance company have to notify me?

Cheers guys

Joe

keep phoning your insurance company, thats all i can really advise, just keep at them and they will resolve it to get rid of you! i know that sounds bad but its one way to get it sorted mate, good luck mate and let us know how you get on ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

A friend of mine had a similar problem when a driver who pulled out of a one-way street and hit her car, then stopped and held his hands up and said sorry etc but then two days later she received a letter from his insurance company blaming her!!

It eventually took 11 months to sort out and his insurance company paid up. Keep at them.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

my insurance claim started at the start of August 03. Third party is not admitting liability (even though he was over taking on a blind crest). Their now offering 80% liability. Still lokking for the other 20% now. Seems to be never ending. Waiting for my medical now. Then well see what they offer. If needs be mine will be going to court. (as its a BIG claim).

Insurance companies are quick at getting your money, just wish they were as quick giving it out!!

320d M Sport

They usually ask your permission if they want to settle 50/50.

They dont actually come back and tell you what the outcome was (normally you find out when your renewal goes thru the roof!).

As someone said, only way it to bell them every week or so.

It takes SO long as theyve got set procedures and time scales EVERY broker/insurer adheres to.. eg they could write a letter and wouldnt have to chase it up for 3 weeks. Reason for this is that if the case went to court your insurers will put it to the judge that they have given ample time and have been reasonable with the Third Party Insurers. Doesnt always work like this but 90% of the time thats the way it goes.

Good luck!

My claim is still ongoing too!. Some nice lady ran a red light in July last year, and took off the front end of my car. All got repaired, but my insurance company will not allow my NCB because it has not been settled. And still awaiting to claim back my excess.

I have gotten into the realm of chasing them every couple fo weeks or so to keep things rolling!