ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance companies piss me off.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been with Bell now for 3 years. As you're probably aware they're part of the Admiral group.

The first year I went with them they were the cheapest for me by far. This was the case for the second year aswell.
Last year I got my renewal quote through, and once again had a search online to see how it compared. I found a few a fair bit cheaper (£100-£150). Elephant was the cheapest. Before I took out insurance with them I phoned up Bell telling them about it to see what they could do, as I was happy with their service. They said they could match the price as Elephant was part of the same company.
Now I know that business is business, and thats the way most places operate.

Anyhow, this year I have just received my renewal through again from Bell, which was more expensive than I paid this year. So off I went again and did a quick search online. The top two results (Admiral and Elephant) were not just slightly cheaper, but £400 cheaper. FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS.

Like I said above, I know business is business, and the reason they give people these quotes is that some retards pay it without question. But surely they should show a bit of respect for people that continue to use the company and at least offer them the same price as some of their other brands.

Rant over, apologies. I know it's all been heard before...I just couldn't get over the amount different from the same flipping company.

:mad:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've given up using insurance companies now. Each and every one is a nause to deal with.

I've been using a broker for the last 3 years and its the best thing i've ever done. no hassle, no bullshit, dead easy.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you could possibly make an extra £400 from your customers, and in the worst case scenario they pay the minimum you require through your sister company if they have an ounce of smarts, are you telling me you wouldn't?

The 3 company thing is smart too, most customers think 'ha, that'll show em, i've gone elsewhere' when infact they havent.

Business is business, and when your that big you can do what the f**k you want.

Megane 225 F1
My renewal came through at around £1700 with Admiral. Went online and got a quote for £900. Rang them and they matched themselves.

Aye EUI group is good at having high price renweals but cheap if you do an actual quote online. No point in showing loyalty to any insurance company as it means fuk all to them as long as there getting cash off someone.

My renewal came through at around £1700 with Admiral. Went online and got a quote for £900. Rang them and they matched themselves.

LOL @ matching themselfs. Same story with me...cept I told them I was skint and they took an extra £200 off. win.

Saphhire cosworth
I've found that direct line are pretty competetive using their online website,been with my insurance company for years and no one can touch them for price.Its to do with another car club I'm in so you get good discount

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
If you could possibly make an extra £400 from your customers, and in the worst case scenario they pay the minimum you require through your sister company if they have an ounce of smarts, are you telling me you wouldn't?

The 3 company thing is smart too, most customers think 'ha, that'll show em, i've gone elsewhere' when infact they havent.

Business is business, and when your that big you can do what the f**k you want.

Of course I would. I was just having a rant haha.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It really is nothong short of f**king outrageous. Apparently insurance has risen nigh on 40% for under 25 yr olds. Thats horrendous. They are essentially pricing folk of the road, if i dont get insurance for atleast under 800 come renewal the 182s gone

Elephant actually had the cheek to send me through a renewal quote that was £1100 yes eleven hundred f*cking pounds more expensive than their online quote. LOLs were had before telling them to match it or poke their insurance up their ring.