ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Excess

182 has now gone!
Just a quick question...

I was stationary at a roundabout yesterday when someone went up the back of my car.

He has admited it was his fault, and his foot slipped off the brake as he was approaching. (old bloke who could hardly walk, let alone be driving!)

I am going to get a quote for the work, it has pushed the exhaust forward and has bucked the bumper brackets, so the bumper is now sitting down on the exhaust and has come away slightly, but there is no paint damage. If the quote is less than hs excess he said he would pay for the work,

If I claim through the insurance will I have to pay my excess??
I have been told that if I claim direct through his insurance and not mine then I wont..

Sorry if this sounds stupid, 13 years of driving with no accidents or claims, luckily i have protected no claims!!!

Thanks

182 has now gone!
Cool, thanks for clearing that up... I have advised my insurance company of the incident already so I may as well go through insurance if its not gonna cost me

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd always go through insurance TBH, especially if it's not your fault.

I'd always go through insurance TBH, especially if it's not your fault.

as above... use his insurance regardless. You need to contact YOUR insurance within 24hrs of the accident happening and they'll do the rest of the work for you. They'll contact his insurance company and put the claim through.

182 has now gone!
I have told my insurance company already and they said if I wanna go through with the claim I can...

Evo 8 MR
Under the circumstances I would go through insurance as it's a lot easier for you and you'll more than likely get a hire car whilst yours is being repaired plus you know when you get it back it will be 100%.

182 has now gone!
Under the circumstances I would go through insurance as it's a lot easier for you and you'll more than likely get a hire car whilst yours is being repaired plus you know when you get it back it will be 100%.

Thats what I am going to do. I spoke to my insurance co who said I wont have to pay my excess as he has admited liability, and I get a guaranteed hire car as well. My boyfriend works for an accident repair centre and the insurance co said I can get the work done there, so I know the work will be 100%.

Last edited:
Have you had a look under your boot carpet? Good chance it's bent the back panel/floor, Clio rear ends are pretty soft.

182 has now gone!
Have you had a look under your boot carpet? Good chance it's bent the back panel/floor, Clio rear ends are pretty soft.

First thing I checked and its all ok luckily! Think my exhaust took most of the impact