ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance for 17 year old guy

well im finding it hard to even get insurance for myself with my mum as the main driver on a dynamique 1.2 52reg :( has anyone got any suggestions atall i think ive tried alot of places. please help me :(

M2 Competition
First, dont have your mum as the named driver, you need to be the named driver, she can be a 2nd driver on your policy. You also wont get any no claims bonus if you're not the named driver, so insurance will never get cheaper.

Try norwich union, or elephant.

Tesla MP3 2021
First, dont have your mum as the named driver, you need to be the named driver, she can be a 2nd driver on your policy. You also wont get any no claims bonus if you're not the named driver, so insurance will never get cheaper.

Try norwich union, or elephant.

direct line do named driver ncb and so do some others i think

well im in a good area and my mum as the main driver and me as a named its 1600 on quinn and 1500 on rac but i cant seem to get any lower atall on them!!!!

wouldnt have thought you could get cheaper than that!! i paid 1750 on a 1.2 at 17, but that was under my name. it is alot better in the long run if you do it under your name rather than your mums!

Tesla MP3 2021
well im in a good area and my mum as the main driver and me as a named its 1600 on quinn and 1500 on rac but i cant seem to get any lower atall on them!!!!

you may be able to get it around the 1k mark try like admiral and elephant, i would evan try diamond and other women based companies as it could work cheaper.

diamond wanted 5k!!!! i kinda told him where to put it lol yeah i know i just wish i could get a quote around the 1500 mark in my own name just i just cant its impossible i think!

Tesla MP3 2021
hmm strange when i was first looking for quotes when i was 18 on the 182 diamond was cheep, it wasnt the cheapest but it wasnt bad lol

Clio 182 Trophy
mate your f**ked just accept it. Your a f**king liability.

So am i lol.

Face it, the lovely people running our country don't want anyone to drive, so pushing premiums up is pricing new drivers off the road.:(

Thats unless you're prepared to bite the bullet and pay through the nose.:dapprove:

just done an insurance quote on tesco value which was £1179.15 with me as a provisional but when i pass to full it stays the same price is that right? thats with me as a named driver as i cant afford to be paying 2k for insurance!!

Shed.
and untill im 21 i wont be on insurance thats even slightly reasonable.

Should be like a grand and then when you have a crash it goes up to £5000 or something lol.....untill you build up no claims.

Im paying £777.77 with the RAC. Was 17 when the policy started. Dads name, shitload of no claims unless i losoe them first. Please ffs dont ever let it happen to me.....

Evo 6, E92 320d
im named driver on mums with direct line so i still get ncb with them, am payin £1070 fully comp for my 1.2 clio with 0 ncb (havent declared the new exhaust)

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
lo why does everyone go with tesco admiral and direct line churchill all the big companys, you might aswell pull you pants down and let santa clausespank you
dunno wy santa clause i just fet like it

but seriuos liverpool vitoria or quinn re good imwith them and paying a shedload less than all these quote everyone is poting up

Evo 6, E92 320d
lo why does everyone go with tesco admiral and direct line churchill all the big companys, you might aswell pull you pants down and let santa clausespank you
dunno wy santa clause i just fet like it

but seriuos liverpool vitoria or quinn re good imwith them and paying a shedload less than all these quote everyone is poting up

for 17 and 18 y/o it dusnt matter who ur with prices will be high

megane
i payed 2k for my 1st year, at 17, 1.2 clio
got four yrs under me belt now so lookin at a 172, only way to do it m8
ive been gettin qoutes for around 600, different address now though, thats on a 172

clio...
Do pass plus, Ring AdrianFlux, Stick your mam on the policy as a named driver, you as main... You'll be looking at around 1300 fully comp.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Are you going to uni in a year or so? If so forget the no claims unless you will have a car there.

If you plan to mod your car make sure you ask about this up front. I know a few companies just refuse to allow mods.

Sam

?
I paid 1600 at 17, for fully comp on my own policy. Im not 18, waiting to go to uni and im planning to not take my car, but keep it at home insured anyway... so i keep collecting no claims. Ill use it the 2nd year of uni and ill drive it when im home the first year.

clio...
Without a doubt; But its the whole statistics thing. 17 year old = crash.

I'm 18,1 year of driving. No claims or points, but no ncb. Dad on policy. value of 3500. 5000 miles. 2270 quid from directline I don't know how they think anyone would ever pay that... its beyond me.