ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance for 25k miles inc business use with 50% power increase and an SP30

This morning has been fun so far....
I need to find insurance for my VW Bora, which has about 50% more power than when it left the factory, for 25k miles per year, including around 5k of business use and I have an SP30 from May '15. There are companies who can deal with each of those, but very few who can deal with all of them.

So far I've tried:
Brentacre
Greenlight
Sky
HIC
Gocompare
Comparethemarket
Direct Line

Anyone else I should be giving a go before I call HIC back and bite their hand off? Need the policy to start tomorrow....

Cheers

Adrian Flux is a sister company of HIC and therefore won't give a competitive quote.
Liverpool Victoria are over 850
On the phone to Livingstones Warman just now

So, went with HIC, comparative quotes were:
chaucer/Sky - 656
Brentacre - still to call back from 11am
Livingstone Warman - Called back after I'd closed the deal with HIC, premium was the same, will definitely consider in future
Performance direct - 6-700, still to call back with an exact figure.
Greenlight couldn't quote based on mileage which is a shame as I'd use them any time I could.
Comparison sites gave RCIB who I wont ever deal with ever again, followed by Liverpool Victoria at ~£850
Direct line wouldn't cover the mods.
HIC came in at £440, on the phone with no hassle, I went away to try some others, they called me back when they said they would, swapped the underwriter to allow for future mods without altering the premium, upgraded my drive other cars cover to fully comp up to 20k for £19.95 and added protected no claims for £35.

Good customer service at a reasonable price wins once again, shame most companies still jack up renewals and mess you around!

Looking for 182 Cup
It's a shame that Brentacre didn't call you back as they are very reasonable and generally very good with modifications.