ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance, Holy s**t!

Got my renewal in the post last week it was a good price £1326.71p thought nothing off it. Got home today i thoughy i best phone them just check its monthly as i can't afford all that in one hit.... to my surprise they say its annually. I then think ok its only going to go up a bit with APR, the Guy comes back and says its increased to £1800 :eek:. What £500 increase, he says " Yes", so I say " No thank you".

Now i need some insurance so who knows good insurers? Just went on moneysupermarket best quote was £1390.20p.

Stagecoach Ticket
Brentache
greenlight
elephant
admiral
adrian flux were cheap for me but dident rate them to much

J

BMW E34 540i
I am 27 1year NCB - very very good postcode I got 1100 from some insurance broker One Quote Direct

Elephant gave me that stupid quote above,

Am 22 with NCB, Privilege gave me the £1390 quote so going to phone them tomorrow only thing is its £259 first month.

i was with admiral two years ago they are a sister company to elephant, i no this as i didnt need to show my NCB as they had me on record although i had never spoke to them.

Stagecoach Ticket
admiral, elephant, diamond, think theres a few more maybe 5 under that same group of insurers

Overdraft is another option or at worst a personal loan will be lower APR than insurance companys

Yeah, I'd agree with some of the others above. Even though over the phone your current insurer upped the price - surely that renewal price you got through the post is still valid (look for a valid until date on it).......so if that's your best price surely you can still accept it if you want, can't you? Sort the financial side first so you are ready to pay when you phone, assuming you don't need to change the cover in any way.

Then pay in one go with either a personal loan (which I think generally offer better interest rates than insurers anyway) and then pay off the loan, or if the credit card route is an option do it that way instead.

No expert, just my opinion.

Last edited:
  BMW E34 540i
Actually I had the same situation with my C-class couple of yeas back. When I called for renewal quote it was higher than initial one. Call center guy explained that is because some new customer discount which is gone after a year.

None
I'm with brentacre now but they were'nt the cheapest quote i got, they allowed me to modify more but the best quote was with adrian flux and a little tip for young drivers is to get the quote on the day of the french car show in the main hall, they offer you a massive discount if you get the quote on that day :)........unfortunately you will have to wait nearly a year till the next fcs to take advantage of the deal though :rasp:

Elephant gave me that stupid quote above,

Am 22 with NCB, Privilege gave me the £1390 quote so going to phone them tomorrow only thing is its £259 first month.
I'm 21 with the 'worst' catagory postcode, 1 year ncb paying £1600 with Brentacre. Try them, and tell them it's modified.

Clio 200 Cup
Comes to something when we have to consider taking out personal loans to pay for insurance!

admiral, elephant, diamond, think theres a few more maybe 5 under that same group of insurers

Overdraft is another option or at worst a personal loan will be lower APR than insurance companys

Am sorted now, Privilege insurance not bad £1390 monthly installments of frst one £259 then 10 months at £119.

22, 4yrs NCB.

Am sorted now, Privilege insurance not bad £1390 monthly installments of frst one £259 then 10 months at £119.

22, 4yrs NCB.

Lol! Is the car modded? S3 costs half that and I'm only one year older with same number of NCB!

I live in a Stockport postcode - Sk. It's unsureable by Sky's standards and a few other companies as well.

So ner.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
i just done my insurance with admeral, 2 years driving experance. no ncb. no accidents ether. 930 quid. admeral said if i decide to pay monthly it jumps to 1300. i have 14 days to pay the full amount:) so i think al pay the full amount before the 14 days :)

mx5 & 172
I thought 508 quid was disgusting for a french shopping cart myself but having read a few post on this I feel a lot better (that's 1 year ncb at 31)

Clio182
Standard Clio182 - 27yr old, 6+yrs NCB, 1 X SP30, £430 with A Plan/Aviva. Although just found out I can insure a 2004 BMW 330 Coupe for the same price!!
Insurance costs definitely make no sense on Renaultsports

Clio 172 Cup
Brentacre 172 Cup with all mods declared - me driving 25 Partner 23, 4 years NCB fully comp £0 vol excess £659

///M135i
Admiral are a bit of a pisstake tbh mine was £800 21, 3 years ncb. I wanted to pay monthly and it jumped to £1300. w*****s!

B5 RS4
I am currently looking at getting a 172 for a cheap run around to replace my current car.

My current car is a B5 RS4.

I am 27 and live in London and i am getting quotes of £740 to insure a bloody clio.

The rs4 - which is 420bhp with more mods i insured in april for £600.

WTF???

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Been looking at prices for when I upgrade in March and Admiral want 1150, 20 years old, 3 years NCB in the second to worst post code. Either that or 1200 for a 225. Don't know which to buy tbh!