ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Insanity!

Just been talking to my insurers (Elephant) who want £762 to insure me on a 182 with cup spoilers and suspension. So is that expensive you may ask!

Well considering the car that itll be replacing on the insurance is a Evo VIII MR FQ 320 chipped up to 340 spec, guess how much that was costing...

£862! What are other fat 44 yr olds with infinite no claims bonuses, no convictions and a teensy weensy accident in 2002 paying for their 182s?

Does everyone declare the Cup packs or just say a 182?

AND the customer services person was in Bangalore India...how I hate that.

Rant, rant, rant. And she spent ages trying to get the spoiler pack. She thought I said Boiler!! Thats right a steam powered 182. And thats after she couldnt even find the 182 to quote me!!!!!!!!!

Rant, rant, rant.

Graham

Vee dub

Boiler pack! lol

Thats a disappointing quote eh?

Ring around if i was you mate

Cheers

Tom

BG 182, R26

Try privelege. I got a quote of abot £850 from elephant on a 172 cup so I tried them and they quoted me £550. Thats £300 in my pocket. Well chuffed.

when i had mine elephant did me 26 2 years no claims licence since i was 18 no concvitions for £723 and i live in a bad postcode. make them try a bit harder!

Quote: Originally posted by atomic_bog_roll on 21 February 2005
Try privelege. I got a quote of abot £850 from elephant on a 172 cup so I tried them and they quoted me £550. Thats £300 in my pocket. Well chuffed.

Privilege just put my renewal up for some strange reason.
Everyone else is quoting me much less :confused:

just gone online. You cant do that with elephant if you are a customer (!), so I did a quote for my brother Paul who lives with me and is a day younger. The quote for a standard 182 or a 182 cup was the same at £453. Ill just phone them up during the day and talk to someone who a/ speaks english and b/ knows about insurance!

AND the customer services person was in Bangalore India...how I hate that.

WTF has that got to do with anything? I take it youve got a problem with that? Youve got internet access, get a f*****g quote online then - save yourself 10% while you are at it......

rsclio.172 cup, Ill tell you WTF its got to do with anything, and I DO have a problem with it. Every single customer service and sales operation I have spoken to in India has been appalling. The phone line quality has been appalling, the knowledge of the market place has been appalling and the grasp of the english language has been appalling. I dont know about you, but I quite like talking to someone on a clear line who knows what they are talking about and who has a good ability with the English language.

And yes I can use the f*****g internet, but if you read my 2nd post youll see that as a customer you cant get a quote from them on-line.

Now where was I...I spoke to them again today and they confirmed that they count the 182 with cup packs as a higher risk than either the 182 or the 182 Cup. I discussed this with them for a while and they even went away and checked, but confirmed that the £762 was the correct quote. That is a shame because they have been very good in the past.

Lizzieloo, I would try NU, but I fell out with them too! They insured my Evo first off, then sent me the docs which were not correct. When I phoned up to ask them (guess where!) they decided to revoke the insurance at 9pm on a friday night. I felt really good at having £32k of new Evo on my drive not insured!!

Hey ho, insurance is always a chore.

Graham

WAS a Valver - what next?

Try More Than. I was with Privelege for 9 years with several different cars but have just swapped to More Than as they were £50 cheaper (£270 Priv, £220 MT) for fully comp on the valver Ive just bought.

172 GTR

Hey Gridgeway, I went from a 911 996 turbo 420 BHp 2002 car, worth 65k £950 premium. To a 2004 911 997 carrera S same value lower BHP @355 BHP so I thought it would go down. Oh no £1600 premium? WTF

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Direct line ....05 182 full fat £480

And call centres in india should be burned.I said my name was ian and was called iban for the entire conversation,but i couldnt be bothered to correct them.It worries me a little that they want so much money off you but cant even speak or spell your name correctly

ian/iban

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

count yourself lucky i nearly had to pay £3314 for my 172cup coz i caused an accident now ive got it down to £2100 and im approaching 23 aswell i know your 44 but what do you expect for a performance car, what i cant understand is how come you only got it £100 cheaper than your evo???

don't

PROB SOLVED MATE

ok get a quote online with admiral, it will be the same as elephent quote pretty much

then take it out online, nice and cheap aswell,

thats main prob i have with admiral and elephant, they answer fast but its sooo anoying when u get someone foreign, takes sooo much longer
i mean it takes them 5 minutes to get my name right and find me lol