ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance - KTec Stealth

yap

51 Clio 172
Just fitted a Ktec stealth so I thought better tell the insurance company to make sure taht I am covered. £60 a year more. Is this right?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Didnt cost me any extra with Brentacre as I have 180bhp limit.

All insurance companys will differ though.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Direct line told me that because my GDI/Piper stealth diddn't change the look of the
car (stuck out the back) that it wouldn't count as a mod, just a stainless steel replacement.

Clio 182 BG
Question :

i haven seen this thread and i wonder ...

do you have to pay more insurance when you change something on your car?

Why ? the car doesnt change only a part of it ?

Fabian

None
Usually yes you do, the insurance companies see any modification as being a more enticing prospect for thieves and so they want you to pay for that extra risk.....you would be surprised at the smallprint too, even an external aftermarket sticker however small is technically a modification :S

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
My insurance is an extra £30 with the stealth.

Why? It's because it can improve performance and/or make it more desirable to thieves.

Question :

i haven seen this thread and i wonder ...

do you have to pay more insurance when you change something on your car?

Why ? the car doesnt change only a part of it ?

Fabian

Because in their eyes, if it makes the car faster you're more likely to crash and claim, or if it makes the car better looking, it's more likely to get stolen.

R26
Direct line told me that because my GDI/Piper stealth diddn't change the look of the
car (stuck out the back) that it wouldn't count as a mod, just a stainless steel replacement.

Mines a stealth, still cost me £80

Im with Adrian Flux now and its just cost me nothing to add a decat :D

rps13
personally i would consider a 2.5'' stainless stealth a modification, but would consider a 2.25 mild steel one as a replacement part.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Mines a stealth, still cost me £80

Im with Adrian Flux now and its just cost me nothing to add a decat :D

Those guys were great when I had the PGGT. Provided them with a full list of the mods (with pics) and it added nothing to the premium. :D

Good to see that some insurers are level-headed and make sensible judgements. Most simply have a knee-jerk reaction and/or their database tells them to add £££ accordingly. :dapprove:

D.