ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance monthly or annually?

Mk4 .:R32
I paid mine for the year last time, but due to not having enough money at the mo to pay it off in one, I think I will have to pay monthly. Do insurance companies charge much more for paying monthly with a direct debit?? I'm with Bell if that helps?

Cheers

Mk4 .:R32
balls. how much extra does anyone know? I've got about 2 weeks until it runs out which is prob just enough time to take out a credit card with about 12 months interest free on it

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
My proposed premium with Flux this year went down by £10 a year but went up by £10 a month as the interest went from 19.9 to 39.9%. Feck that.

golf
what about taking out a loan to pay off lump some then paying that back monthly as it might be cheaper to pay off

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
it really depends on the insurer but ive found its upto 25% extra depending on all the other crap associated with insurance,
for examply my 1.2 dynamique, valued £5k, mileage 10,000ish, ages 20 i years experence fulltime emplyed, garaged, no points and an unsettled claim, fully comp cheapest i could get £1306 all in. pay monthly £1652,
but my dad is a completly different story.
he has a £2k 1.6 laguna sport, same post coded, full time employed, on the drive, age 50, 20,000 a year. fully comp from the same company £273 all in, pay montly £278.

BMW M135i
I'm going to apply for a CC with 0% for as long as possible and put it on that next year, they I can avoid paying ~20% extra for bloody monthly payments.

SLK 350
Most people will charge extra as you're basically taking out a credit agreement (usually Amber Credit) of which you'll pay around 10% APR, and usually they'll scratch off any discount you'd get normally too.

Basically works out £200 dearer on a policy of about £700.

307 hdi (powered by derv)
IGNORE THAT, JUST DONE MY RENEWAL AND THEY DO.

I could have sworn on my last info from them it said no more.