ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance online or by phone

Fiesta ST

Is buying online normally cheaper than buying on the phone?

I know you tend to get discount online eg: Directline 10% but when i do the online quote its doesnt mention about CAT1 alarms etc which i would imagine on the phone you can mention and help your quote.

Need insurance on my 182 and quotes are all over the place

im 25yrs 0 NCB 0 Claims 0 Convictions

CIS/Zurich = £2k plus

Tesco/Elephant = £1200ish

Renault/Directline = £1k

all others in between (these are all online quotes)

Twingo 133

I got a online quote for a base quote and then rung up and said about additional things. that way it couldnt go above the online quote.

They usually give you a order code for the online code. worked for me when i rang up because they wanted more on the phone than the online quote.

In that case youre quids in............at the very least some insurers WILL take at least some of that into account and credit you with some NCB.

Cya Stu

PS another flat capped old codger eh:D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Try adrian flux, NU wanted £1,800 in a recent quote, Adrian provisionally offered me it for £1,200....Im yet to go with either, just see what they can do.

I always get Quoted online, if its good I phone up to finalize details.

There are some "mitigating" factors which can lower / increase your quote price, its always easier to get these discussed on the phone :)

Confused is a good place to start.