ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance payout!

Porsche Boxster

Hi guys,
ok well following my rather horric time with the bus

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=120583&SearchPagePosition=1&search=mikey23&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=2&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search&ThreadPage=1see here

i have just had a call from my insurance company who have offered me £7500 for my car (blue 172, 51 plate) - it had 35,000 on the clock and would b 3 years old in feb. do you think i should just take the money and run, esp seeing as i only paid 7k for the car in the first place. I did explain that there arent many clios knocking around for 7.5k at the mo, and he asked me to provide evidence of this if i wanted to reject the offer, but i am seriously tempted to just take the money now as otherwise i have to wait until the new year to get another figure. (could be longer esp with the xmas post! eugh!)
what u reckon?
cheers Mike

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Id always reject the first figure, go and do some inveistigation on Auto Trader and try and get about 8k mate.

Take the money without prejudice and look at prices and put a pack together and send it to your insurance company in the new year.

You may get some more money but tbh the price sounds good!

don't

you could say, ull accept 7.5 for the car, but u want money for time off work, travel expenses , inconveniece etc, anything that may have cost u money because of it

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

i rejected my first offer i ended up with a £1100 extra! theres only one sensible decision!

Would you turn down extra??

REJECT IT!!

Porsche Boxster

cheers guys, ordinarily i would reject the 1st offer, but i have another 172 lined up and they need to sell by the first week of jan. i think the offer is reasonable, and i reckon ill just take the money and run. i really was hoping for closer to 8, but i dont think its worth tryin to scrape another few hundred quid and wait another month for a settlement. cheers guys

^^Yes reject the offer but accept the first 7500 for a happy xmas and conc on getting the rest in the new year, though doubtfull you would get more on what is now a three year old car!

Porsche Boxster

PJVTS - did i mention my insurance company is highway - apparently notoriously bad for giving out small payouts! when i spoke to the guy on the phone he asked me to provide evidence of why i wanted 8k. i have looked on the autotrader and most r going for around 7.5/8k so i very much doubt ill get any more than £300/400 and i dont know if i want to wait another month for that as apparently once i send the evidence in, it then has to be assessed by someone........ sounds lengthy!