ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Prices, OUCH!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
thats good, well thats less than what i'm looking at next year on my 1.2 lol.

whats your ncb? experience age etc.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Thats cheap, stop you moaning!!

i remember my first year on a 1.0 Micra....£1800 !!!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
ive never paid over £800 and unless its a scooby fast car i wont either.

id rather walk than pay nearly 2k for a 1.0-1.4

Renault 5 GT Turbo, first car and no no claims fully comp was £1700. I thought it was a piss take at the time but I dont begrudge it seeing some of the quotes people get on asthmatic shopping cars these days.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
aye but ali, has a low risk/high paying job and lives in a low crime area, and is a home owner, also he is above the 21 barrier, where you get a bit off, then your next one is at 25 when insurance starts getting sensible. ali also probably does less miles etc.

I mean have you shopped about, is that the best price your getting or is that the renewal?

Was after quite a bit shopping about, most places where £550 or so, renewal was £570 so I saved a bit by switching companies.

Track 172 & Golf R32
Got insured on my clio 1.2 16v for £960 bearing in mind im 18 with 0 ncb and only had my license 6 months thats excellent !

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Is it me or do they put their prices up the more you shop around? the lowest im getting is £649 and i'm 21 4 years driving with no claims, but only 1 years NCB on my 1.4! i think its silly!

W

What?

Try a 2002 1.2, 18, 0NCB, £1800, most people wouldnt insure me and im in a good postcode :(

im payin 1700 for the megane 1.4 just turned 19 with 2 claims in just over a years driving. so its not tht bad. that was my renewal aswell, could hav been cheaper if i searched around. had i not written off the clio they told me my insurance would have been down to under 900 still with a claim.

'03 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Got 2 quotes today in advance of getting the car on the road.

AxaDirect= £2010
Quinn Direct= £1290

17, Northern Ireland, Male, Own policy etc.

VX220
£615 fully comp 21 on a 172! Best bit of news i have had all week!!! And i get free pressure washer! 'Every little helps'!!!!!!!!!!

182 & Porsche 986
700 19 and 1 yr ncb for my 1.2 renewal, but i just paid a lot for my 172 im getting in a few days.. ouch.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Clio 182 , 9y NCB and with Provisionaly Licensed Girlfriend on insurance.

£350 ;)