ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance query - selling the clio

Clio 197
Hi all,

I am currently trying to sell my cup before buying a replacement car (reason is beacuse i dont want to have to pay for the insurance on the 2nd car whilst i am selling the cup - previously i would have stored it off road uninsured until i sold my current car).

At present i have paid my insurance up front in full - when i sell the clio i dont want to ring up and tell them i have sold it etc as i want to keep continuation in my insurance etc. What i will do is use the OHs car until i find a replacement and then switch my insurance over to the replacment car from the cup - is it ok to do this???

Thanks

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

I am currently trying to sell my cup before buying a replacement car (reason is beacuse i dont want to have to pay for the insurance on the 2nd car whilst i am selling the cup - previously i would have stored it off road uninsured until i sold my current car).

At present i have paid my insurance up front in full - when i sell the clio i dont want to ring up and tell them i have sold it etc as i want to keep continuation in my insurance etc. What i will do is use the OHs car until i find a replacement and then switch my insurance over to the replacment car from the cup - is it ok to do this???

Thanks

I think you have to put it on hold. You can't keep insurance on a car you no longer own afaik. Ring them up and place your insurance on hold is the option i think...

Someone told me that some insurers will let you change insurance to the new car and keep the old one insured for a week or so till its sold. Unsure if it's true though but may be worth asking.

Clio 197
Someone told me that some insurers will let you change insurance to the new car and keep the old one insured for a week or so till its sold. Unsure if it's true though but may be worth asking.

Yes I have done this before myself, there is no guarantee I will sell in a week so would end up paying extra on the new car