ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Question

Since I passed my test back in 2003 I have always been insured in parents name due to high insurance premiums. I made a claim in 2004, my fault single car accident, write off. Insurance was in moms name protected NCD. Made another claim last december, this is currently unsettled as the driver who hit me was uninsured. I am now getting quotes in my own name. Now... as i was not the policy holder on either of these claims, does this mean 'I' claimed, or my mom did? Im thinking it was my moms policy, so she claimed, not me?

I know a lot of places ask if you have had accidents, claims or losses in the last 3/5 years, but some ask if you have made a claim, and if I personally havent claimed, im not disclosing any information if i say no?

Hope someone can help!

ta

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
I was a bit unsure also, as i'm in a similar situation, woman drove into me last year and almost a year later its still unsettles. however i was a named driver. When i got my own insurance i was declared the crash just inc ase to came back to bite me.
Technically the claim was against your mother, however if in the inisdent it was clear you were the driver then you should declare it. As you are insuring the car per say they are insuring you to drive that car. They would be fully within their rights to void a policy if they found out you wrote off a car and did not tell them because obviously your a higher risk.

just out of curiocity has you parent been declaring this crash on her policys since?

Yeah, weve used the same broker for years so all our details are on their database.

The reason i ask is i was on ecarinsurance and the way they word the question got me thinking. Cant remember how now but if anyone gets a quote they'll see what i mean.

Im not going to lie to get cheaper insurance its just not worth it, i was just wondering if by telling them that i'v made a claim i maght be paying over the odds as it wasn't me who claimed.

dont uninsured drivers just p*ss you off?!?! its not the fact iv not yet recovered my £400 excess, its the fact that cause its outstanding its pushing up my quotes by £700

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I had a similar prob, now the accident i had i didnt make a claim but my mum notified them that i'd had a knock but when i went online to buy my own insurance it says about accidents or claims etc gives u all the options of,1, had accident & made a claim etc, 2 had accident other partys fault and the amount claimed etc. but it didnt have the option of no claim made so i rang them and they said put none in the box and i got them to put it in writing to me about the phone call etc to cover my back.