ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance question..

im selling my 16v soon & i was just wondering im getting rid of it before i buy my next car, my policy runs out in june, so :
when i renew ill have 3yrs ncd, however if i sell the car & cant find my next one will i still get the ncd, or will they take off the time it takes me to find a new car ?

its elephant btw.

just dont tell them that you have sold it, if you dont get a new car before your insurance is due dont renew it and ask for your proof of ncb. if you do get a new car just get the policy changed

Shhh

You could purchase a cheap 1.1 metro or something for £50 from the auctions with t&t to run the insurance on. I did this on a bike when i sold my main bike, just purchase something crap and insure it. If your not driving it as its sat on bricks in the garden still means you clock the ncb up. The problems come that if you sell your car, and you dont tell them. Then the buyer tries to get a quote with them, and take out insurance then you are ni the poop.

No-one says you cant transfer the insurance to a car in the scrap yard etc. Just get a V5 in your name.

A car does not have to be T&T to be insured.

ive only just checked the replies, insurance companies such !!
i will ring them & say im thinking of selling it what will happen, but im not getting screwed over on it !

i dont like the idea of buying a sh*tter and doing it that way, as that seems like a lot of hassle.

I think my best bet is to ring them up.

I work in insurance. And i can confirm that if you let the policy run for the full year you will still get your NCD. Even if you have no veh on it. You just have to let it run for the full year. At the end of the day, you are paying a premium for a full year, if you do not drive for 2 months but still pay then they do not care as they have your money. (AS long as you dont make a claim that is!)

Hope that helps!

Quote: Originally posted by BanezWantaCup on 04 April 2005

I work in insurance. And i can confirm that if you let the policy run for the full year you will still get your NCD. Even if you have no veh on it. You just have to let it run for the full year. At the end of the day, you are paying a premium for a full year, if you do not drive for 2 months but still pay then they do not care as they have your money. (AS long as you dont make a claim that is!)

Hope that helps!
great thanks im in exactly the same boat

so basically i can sell the car - then look for a new one & just change the policy for the remaining few months ?
what about the person i sell my car too ? how do they get insured on it ?