ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance quote for my 197

Black 197
Ok, ive been with privilege insurance for the last 2 years and these years consisted of a 225 audi tt and now my 197. last years premium was £470 ish, this years renewal has gone up to £530 even though ive no claims or points. Ive just got a quote from tesco and they quoted me £328 with me,27 male no points, 7 years NCB, and my missus 24 no claims, no points. Thats the best quote yet.....but.....they have a compulsary £475 excess, but i dont have to have any voluntary. Privilege was £150, plus me adding £150 excess, which is £300. Do I take the risk of the higher excess, or pay more now and save it back if I claimed??? Am I missing something here or is the tesco deal 2 much to miss?????

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
have you tried admiral/elephant etc.

they tend to be good for hot hatches.

im with directline and cant fault them for service etc ( not claimed thou)

Black 197
elaphant started getting out priced about 4 years ago by other companies. I have tried them and they offered me a 10 month deal???? then a cheaper 12 monther next time.....if my sums are right that 22 months, so i'd be stuck with them to keep getting full years no claims bonus each time....they are cheeky buggers

I assume thats a written renewal. Same happened to me. I was with Elephant, rang them up and asked why my premium had increased, they couldnt really explain it but asked if id had other quotes which i had and they were cheaper. Suprisingly they were able to beat these cheaper quotes after 'having a chat with the manager' !!!

Black 197
I assume thats a written renewal. Same happened to me. I was with Elephant, rang them up and asked why my premium had increased, they couldnt really explain it but asked if id had other quotes which i had and they were cheaper. Suprisingly they were able to beat these cheaper quotes after 'having a chat with the manager' !!!

catch your drift, i'd rather stick with one company, im fed up of keep changing. see if i get anything for being a 2 year loyal customer!!

Ok, ive been with privilege insurance for the last 2 years and these years consisted of a 225 audi tt and now my 197. last years premium was £470 ish, this years renewal has gone up to £530 even though ive no claims or points. Ive just got a quote from tesco and they quoted me £328 with me,27 male no points, 7 years NCB, and my missus 24 no claims, no points. Thats the best quote yet.....but.....they have a compulsary £475 excess, but i dont have to have any voluntary. Privilege was £150, plus me adding £150 excess, which is £300. Do I take the risk of the higher excess, or pay more now and save it back if I claimed??? Am I missing something here or is the tesco deal 2 much to miss?????

I assume thats the Tesco Value policy with that xs? Note your missus will have an extra £250 comp xs on top of that and you will have no legal cover/courtesy car/option to protect your ncd..

Black 197

I assume thats the Tesco Value policy with that xs? Note your missus will have an extra £250 comp xs on top of that and you will have no legal cover/courtesy car/option to protect your ncd..

Both quotes include protected no claim and legal expenses. Not bothered about courtesy car as I can borrow a handful. With tesco it gave me the option on having £0 voluntary excess for both drivers. Thats why I posted the thread really, it seemed to good to be true. Glad ive saved the quote.