ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Recomendations

Rangerover Supercharged

Please help, my renewal has just come throught and the b******s want £1300 for a years insurance on my Cup, Im now 25 and have 6 years no claims, I thought it would have been about £600

Any suggestions welcome

TT 225

omg! Who is your insurance with now? You probably have a similar sh*tty postcode to me. I got a good price off Tesco for the Supra, and also a good price from Diamond - i know its for girls but they quote for blokes too :)

Greenlight Insurance were good for my Williams

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Try these:-

Tesco
Privilege
Direct Line
Bell Direct
Adrian Flux
Peformance Direct
Greenlight
Liverpool Victoria
etc...

Should be about 1/2 your renewal mate, but depends on post code, points, etc!

Weeman sucks ****

When I changed from my old focus my quote was £1175 for a cup and I was 25 then. I then learnt that because of a free insurance deal I had with the car before that I earned FULL no-claims after driving only 2 years. That put it down to just about £600.

Direct line seem to be good with all the quotes Ive asked for. Also, I recently moved and it went down!! That never happens.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Tesco was the best for me, if its not your postcode then try them as I am 25 with 5 years NCD one conviction 7points £580 Fully comp

Im with CIS Co-Op. When I got my insurance I was 17, 1.2 and was £1000 fully comp under my old mans name. This was at least £500 cheaper than anywhere else.
All non-engine mods allowed as long as declared. Engine mods hardly increase premium either.

Cheers
Charlie

Just moved from Nottingham to Sheffield and my insurance went down £46,not moved to the best place in the city and theres only 6 months remaining on the policy. This was for a Ford Focus RS which cost be £50 more than my old Cup when I had it. This was with Tesco and orginally a lease car which didnt help.

just taken out a years policy on a new sport 172, rang every major company in the yellow pages, and tried every search on internet, 30, full no claims, protected bonus, fully comp etc.. direct line were best by miles 515 pounds sterling!!!!!! yippeee!!
doncaster postcode, quite good I believe!

what happens if your car is moded tho? do direct line still insure you still? im currently with Esure, £670 fully comp 22 with 4yrs NCB on 1.8 16v. I thought that was wicked. But i know next year they wont insure me cuz i;ll be having a few mods done here ans there :(

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 02 October 2003

what happens if your car is moded tho? do direct line still insure you still?
Use Privilege then...

Same group as Direct Line but they allow mods.

Rangerover Supercharged

Thanks people I will let you know who and what price I get it for, sh*t Saturday coming up phoning.