ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance renewal time.

Chelsea tractor
Fronting is naughty. End of, really.

The sooner you have your own legit policy, the sooner you build up your no-claims and the sooner you'll start to save on your premium. My insurance pretty much halved after my first year of driving, all because I had my own policy, in my own name!

120d M Sport
I'm with Conneh on this one. All I'm saying is most people only do it for one year just to get themselves off the ground, until it is affordable (within reason to go on your own). Not justifying it necessarily, just saying its a means to an end. It's a risk, just the same as those on here who go TPFT on their own policy, or mod without notifiying the insurance

I'm with Conneh on this one. All I'm saying is most people only do it for one year just to get themselves off the ground, until it is affordable (within reason to go on your own). Not justifying it necessarily, just saying its a means to an end. It's a risk, just the same as those on here who go TPFT on their own policy, or mod without notifiying the insurance

TPFT is all legal and above board. Means to an end? I think some people need a reality check. Go back 10 - 15 years and most new drivers were smoking about in ratty old metro's, nova's etc that are worth less than most lads TV's on this forum. Now everyone seems to think they have a god given right to a fast car or very least one that is sub 3 years old and shiny. Reality check needed rather than trying to convince yourself and others on here that fronting or misinforming your insurer is perfectly acceptable.

120d M Sport
TPFT is all legal and above board. Means to an end? I think some people need a reality check. Go back 10 - 15 years and most new drivers were smoking about in ratty old metro's, nova's etc that are worth less than most lads TV's on this forum. Now everyone seems to think they have a god given right to a fast car or very least one that is sub 3 years old and shiny. Reality check needed rather than trying to convince yourself and others on here that fronting or misinforming your insurer is perfectly acceptable.

:rolleyes: Trying to convince myself its acceptable? Re read my post and you will see I said "I'm not trying to justify it". It isn't ideal but like it or not, it's what a hell of a lot of people have to do to insure a car at 17(regardless of whether its an brand new clio or a 12 year old fiesta). Oh and for the record, in my second year of driving I'm actually on my own policy, therefore able to look at it from both sides:approve:

BMW 330ci Clubsport
In response to Alex's comment about forgetting what it's like to be young and trying to get cover at 17 what a load of BS. I've been there I remember the feeling that I had been raped when I insured my first car which was a GT Turbo. I suffered having to cut back on my lifestyle miss nights out etc because I wanted the car. People feel they have a right to have what they want and to have it dirt cheap these days IMO. If you can't justify the £2/3K insurance quotes that are based on your risk as a new driver then stick to a 1.2. That or suck it up and get your wallet out like grown up's rather than acting like spoiled little brats.
Did you really mean to type that? Or did you just have keyboard dhieria? If you cant say "I couldnt go out some nights because I had to pay my car insurance QQ". Unless you spend rediculous amounts a night. You were a young driver in a different age, its not the same at the moment so you wont know.

Did you really mean to type that? Or did you just have keyboard dhieria? If you cant say "I couldnt go out some nights because I had to pay my car insurance QQ". Unless you spend rediculous amounts a night. You were a young driver in a different age, its not the same at the moment so you wont know.

Night out costs me £100 upwards. If you're going to try and make smart arse replies at least learn to spell diarrhoea correctly ;) As for the "It's not the same now so you won't know" comment you're way off the mark. Fronting was still fronting and it still cost a small fortune to insure a car worth having as a young driver. I had to ring round every year getting quotes of £3000, told various insurers wouldn't offer me cover because of my age etc, not once did I consider fraud as being the way to go.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Night out costs me £100 upwards. If you're going to try and make smart arse replies at least learn to spell diarrhoea correctly ;) As for the "It's not the same now so you won't know" comment you're way off the mark. Fronting was still fronting and it still cost a small fortune to insure a car worth having as a young driver.
Spelling will never be my strong point ;)
Im sure insurance premiums will have increased quite a bit over the last 10 years. Im not saying fronting is the right way to go! You dont want to cause more problems for yourself. And if insurance companys worked out they could make a s**t load of cash by sending someone to sit out your house working out who uses the car the most Im sure they would! And having said that is it judged but miles covered by the driver in question or the amount of times the car is used? Note I havnt read the link posted earlier yet..

You'll likely learn the hard way, then.
I think the £1600 quote was her as the main driver, mum as the named driver, with Quin. And £3600 was the same but with her current insurer?

Im sure insurance premiums will have increased quite a bit over the last 10 years.

Our apprentice insured his car (an A plate 205 1.0 or 1.2 I forget which, complete nail, beige with a brown interior and worth about £50) at the same time I was getting cover for my car and it cost him the thick end of £1500 TPFT!!! so people on here moaning they have it hard when their 05 tidy condition 1.2 with AC etc is costing them around that sum I think they should think themselves lucky.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Our apprentice insured his car (an A plate 205 1.0 or 1.2 I forget which, complete nail, beige with a brown interior and worth about £50) at the same time I was getting cover for my car and it cost him the thick end of £1500 TPFT!!! so people on here moaning they have it hard when their 05 tidy condition 1.2 with AC etc is costing them around that sum I think they should think themselves lucky.
I do agree that not getting insurance estimates before buying the car was a bad move, if thats what you were aiming at

Lol, these arguments could go on forever ^^

i was on my dads policy when i had my new clio, as quotes were £2k+ otherwise....at the time i can honestly say i did not know about fronting etc

i just think at 17, most people dont give a s**t and just want to save money without knowing the severity of it, definately not worth it

PH-QUICK
i was on my dads policy when i had my new clio, as quotes were £2k+ otherwise....at the time i can honestly say i did not know about fronting etc

Same, was on my dads for my first year when i had the 1.2 without realising it was naughtyness. Would love an extra years no claims bonus now, so in the long run its still best to get your own policy, having 4 years NCB when your 21 will mean you can drive pretty much anything for a reasonable cost.

(i say anything, anything within reason)

05 182 clio.ktm duke
If people are going to lie about their insurance details, then why not go the whole hog and tell them that you are a 55 year old police officer that keeps the car in a garage and drives 1000 miles aper year. They never ask for proof.

PS. Don't even think about making a claim !!!

None
First year i fronted on my dads insurance 1.4 clio, cost me £1800, now paying £1200 on my own with bell

Insurance companys are actually taking the piss, trying to run all the chavvy f*****s off the road, when really half of em havnt even got insurance, now thats the fucked up part

To clear a few things up....

£1800 on my own with Quinn, A rated post code, 1 claim.
£1600 with my mum as the policy holder (AND registered keeper of the car).
£3500 with my current insurers...

Bit of a difference there.

120d M Sport
First year i fronted on my dads insurance 1.4 clio, cost me £1800, now paying £1200 on my own with bell

Insurance companys are actually taking the piss, trying to run all the chavvy f**kers off the road, when really half of em havnt even got insurance, now thats the f**ked up part

Pretty identical scenario to me (1.2 16v)..

£1800 first year behind my Mom
£1100 on my own with Bell

Conneh for £200 difference its worth going on your own mate

Megane 225
Just got my renewal through on friday! 1500 they wanted. Rang them up with a made up price of £930, and they matched it! Win!!!