ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance rrip off?????

f
Rite this has totaly pissed me off!!

am with quinn direct... i got a quote... cheapest by far... great!

afew months down the line i move address and there saying its £350 more for my new address!!!!

i cant belive this!! i have looked at the address rating post thats on here and the post codes fall into the same catogary... btw its BD16 to BD18 in bradford!

surly there takin the piss! what can i do, it seems so unfair as they could turn round and charge me anything they want.... when i question this they said well this is what our computor tells us!!!!

how can u argue againt this and do u guys think this is fair and if i have a case to argue against them coz to me going from a premium of 850 to around 1200 seens rediculous!

cheers

Monaro VXR
Well its only £350 you should have seen my quotes when i moved to central Manchester. went from M25 area to M1 area. My quotes more than doubled on everything. Was impossibly to get insurance for less than £2000 and that was with me having 1yrs NCB etc. Even on a 1.2 it was over £2000. Compared to my quotes at home being under £800.

So not only did i pay a ridiculous amount of money for my appartment i got stung big time on insurance. Since moved out of Manchester back into parents house and started looking for houses and my insurance on a bigger more powerful car is still less than £1000.

f
my point is tho looking at the address table on this fourm.... the post codes are in the same risk level! so how can they up my premium by almost half its worth??? and how do we know that there is a valid reason for it they could say any thing... how can u answer back to it???? there must be some were that u can check that there is a valide reason for it! >?

Monaro VXR
Postcode is just a general thing if theres been more crimes reported there recently they will knock the prices up etc.

Welcome to why insurance is a big joke. They can get away with charging us anything because we have to pay it.

clio mk2 1.4 16v extreme
im insured at my nans in a small village in kent! saves me £200 rather than brighton (were i live) and about £800 from where i used to live in south london (streatham!!)

much easier.
all my mates insure themselves at relatives in low risk areas. policy docs are just forwarded on, and if anything happens to the car you just say your visiting a friend/relative.

You must change the address you drving license is registered at tho to make it 100% legit....