ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance with mods

Punto/Clio GTT

yup, completely agree. it is wrong and you should declare mods. i aint, ill face the consequences if i crash and then all of you can laugh and say we told you so.

on the other hand ill buy me a set of coilovers with the money i saved

I have thought carefully about the sentiments and the point of view expressed for several minutes. I have contemplated the matter deeply, looking at the issue from all sides. I have come to the conclusion that one word pefectly describes Final Maxim :

Numpty

[Edited by Day172 on 2/26/2005 10:55:18 PM]

Punto/Clio GTT

offerin suggestion to the topic that started it off, people responded to my reply

[Edited by Final_Maxim on 26 February 2005 at 11:03pm]

dont be a smart arse brox

Skoda Fabia vRS

after being in an accident myself, you wont have the choice of removing your mods, everything you touch/remove from the car is written down and you have to sign for it from where its being held

i was watched by more than one person when removing my stereo/amps etc from my car, and its also on CCTV

i had my windows tinted, rung up churchill and they wont cover me!! im 17, where do i stand and how do i go about getting covered?

CLS, RS MEG

Quote: Originally posted by clio_zak on 14 March 2005

i had my windows tinted, rung up churchill and they wont cover me!! im 17, where do i stand and how do i go about getting covered?
Ive got the same problem. Told churchill my car was standard to get cover, they wouldnt insure me with the mods ive made. So im having to take everything off. Wheels, skirts, i dont know about my cd player? Is that classed as a mod? Its not worth taking the risk IMO. Try telling churchill that what you have added to your car is simply anti shatter film. Dont mention tints or blacked out my windows, as theyll asume you have only done it to improve the looks of the car, which is classed as a modification. Whereas shatter film is a safety measure for passengers, and makes it more difficult for anyone trying to break into the car. If this doesnt work, you can take the chance and not declare them, which is dodgy if u make a claim. Take them off and know your covered, or change insurance companies.