ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance write off question

172 FF
My old car (1.2 16v clio) was hit from the rear by a white van driver back in May. Last week the third party insurers finally accepted liability for the accident after just 6 months (!) Car went away to get fixed but it's a write-off but Tesco are only willing to offer me £2234. Can I appeal for a bigger amount? Have outstanding finance on the car which is greater than the sum they are offering. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

TeZ

Non RS : (
Cant they only pay out what the car is worth on the Market at the time?

if you find similar cars for more then im sure you can appeal.

Recaro Black Gold 182
As above, if you can submit proof that its market value is higer then they may offer you more.

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
Cant they only pay out what the car is worth on the Market at the time?

if you find similar cars for more then im sure you can appeal.

They will only pay out for the market value of the vehicle, it doesnt matter if you have outstanding finanace, they see it as not their porblem, your own isnurance would be the same

The only thing you can do is try and get evidence of why should get more but the finance itself is not a valid argument.

clio sport f1 r27
well my rx8 went on fire 3 months ago just got my payout i had recipts of £700 of work done the week before the fire and another £700 since 9 month i owned it which helped.
regardles always knock back the 1st offer or 2nd if you feel there taking the p***

Clio 1.2 16v
the missus works with a certain insurance company for over 50's and all they do is look on autotrader for similar car's and offer you that amount. Value your car on that website, also find some in some garages & go on autotrader and print some out etc and then give them that and stick it up their f*ckin arse - mines worth 3.5k and its done 62k miles, 1.2 16v extreme. you will get more than that - appeal