ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance

'03 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Right, just got some quotes for insuring the 1.2 Dynamique. Most were in and around the £2k mark but some were as much as £6000!!

Then I tried Quinn-Direct, and their online quotation system quoted me £1380 TPFT. I also tried going under my dads name, and it came to £660.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this is like or any other quotes on a 1.2 to compare to?

Help greatly appreciated. :D

LY V6 with Recaros
Crikey, that's alot for a 1.2! How long have you been driving? Admiral/Elephant are usually good if you have low no claims or are quite young.

182 & Porsche 986
That seems pretty steep for a 1.2 i got a cheaper quote on mine when i was 17 and first passed just over £1000

Renaultsport Clio 197
How much for a 1.2????

Just to make you feel a bit better......
My insurance on the 197 was only £600 and that was after an £11k claim, its now £461 Fully Comp.

Seriously though, try Elephant.co.uk, they give good prices and you can even make them cheaper by going for their 10 month bonus accelerator policy.

Basicly means you get a years no claims in 10 months, a couple of those and you have 2 years no claims under your belt and you'll be looking at paying normal prices for insurance.

Shed.
Tbh mate if your okay with not having the first year's no claims then go as a named driver. Im up for newnewal in september and im 20 in November, 3 points, no NCB's and its guna be £947 FFS !!!

None
When i was lookin round the cheapest quote i ever found was with direct line there not on the price comparison and if u go on your dads then you still get your no claims built up

anywayz i got charged 995 on my dads but that was a 1.4 and im 17 so you could get it slightly cheaper

only downside
No Mods allowed

Renault Clio Dynamique
I Pay £700 a year, Fully comp, on a 1.2 dynamique with Direct Line, Im 17 in my first year of driving!! Was £800 but did pass pluss.

^ your a girl though, a bloke calls up & they instantly shove a one infront of the quote, that or they put a nought on the end !