ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurane renewals - WHY!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My birds not recieved any kind of contact or renewal forms or paper work from Admiral regarding her policy, all she has recieved is an email saying thanks for renewing with us... even though she hasn't..

Also worth adding that her premium last year was less than £350 for the year fully comp on her polo, the renewal has come through at the best part of £700 (like you wouldn't notice).

What is the deal with them, why do they do it? Surely no one actually goes for the renewal price!?

Last year I said I was going elsewhere as they doubled my policy, they ended up beating their own online quote (which you guessed it was half what they quoted on my renewal).

i wish i could post in the correct section

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Admiral the sneaky b******s don't send anything out in the post anymore.

so they set your account up to automatically renew and hope you don't notice when the renewal is the original price x3.456729

Just leave & go elsewhere.

Also it's worth remembering that Bell/admiral/elephant etc are the same place, but they differ in price :rolleyes:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Just leave & go elsewhere.

Also it's worth remembering that Bell/admiral/elephant etc are the same place, but they differ in price :rolleyes:

& Diamond.

I can honestly say the only reason we use them is because of the price, the customer service side of things is horrendous! Not to mention that when I first got my clio I was driving around uninsured for two weeks as they 'accidently cancelled my policy'

t*ssers

& Diamond.

I can honestly say the only reason we use them is because of the price, the customer service side of things is horrendous! Not to mention that when I first got my clio I was driving around uninsured for two weeks as they 'accidently cancelled my policy'

t*ssers
I forgot about Diamond.

I think people go with them as they're cheap, imo you get what you pay for though, you are right, their customer service is dire!
Also, never call them after 5pm !

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot about Diamond.

I think people go with them as they're cheap, imo you get what you pay for though, you are right, their customer service is dire!

You'd also have a good laugh trying to get through to them around lunch time as well I've found.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot about Diamond.

weekends are the best. You get the Canadians. Nicest bunch of people I've ever spoken to.

welsh in the week day. Useless fecking Indians after 5pm weekdays

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Just remembered another little pearler they came out with on my original policy with my 200 - "that's a 3.5litre yeah?"

Whenever I'd call I'd get some f*ckwit who didn't know what a Clio is! Yup, some Indian called Dave, o'rly??

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
We're with Admiral and we swapped from a '99 Puma to '13 Ibiza. They managed to put it down as a 1.4 FR, which isn't too bad as it's a 1.2FR, and it was a new model. But the value hadn't updated so instead of 15k it was down as £800, took ages to sort out. They were cheaper by miles on multicar though so didn't have much choice but to go with them.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
''Hi my namings is Daaaave, you be wantings some insurances on your Cleeos ya?!''

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Admiral almost did the same, the renewal was sent out I believe the same day as policy expired.
You have 14 days cooling off period, so cancel.

Swapped to Aviva as NFU was too expensive. If I had a V6 land rover, was cheaper again.

133/225/CLS AMG
Elephant/Admiral used to do the exact same thing to me every year and I'd always go on their website, do a quote as a new customer and then get them to renew with that price not my renewal price.

Last year or so they've obviously got wise to it and won't let you take out a new quote online so you can't actually reference what price you should be getting. Scamming bunch of f*ckers.

I ended up taking out two separate policies for my 133 and 172 because it worked out cheaper with Morethan, than a multicar policy with Admiral!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Elephant/Admiral used to do the exact same thing to me every year and I'd always go on their website, do a quote as a new customer and then get them to renew with that price not my renewal price.

Last year or so they've obviously got wise to it and won't let you take out a new quote online so you can't actually reference what price you should be getting. Scamming bunch of f*ckers.

I ended up taking out two separate policies for my 133 and 172 because it worked out cheaper with Morethan, than a multicar policy with Admiral!
Do one on money supermarket mate & save the reference

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
that's what I do, use confused dot com and shout until they get the price right and stop trying to scam me

I used to do it in someone else's name & move my birthday a couple of days forward as the first time I tried it, it clocked that I already had a policy with them.
Then once I had the new reference number I'd call up & they'd be all like "yeah we can do you a favour & match it" yeah, too right otherwise I'll just sod off elsewhere.

I got fed up with them in the end & left them.

Was about to start a new thread but I see this thread is mainly about Admiral.

I'm currently with Privilege and they sent me a renewal price of £480 which I didn't think was too bad for the M135i.

As I've been with them for 5 years I thought I'd get a comparison and Admiral have quoted £237 for the year including protected no claims.

Seems a very good price and the cover seems very good, am I missing something?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
To buck the trend here, I will praise the various Admiral groups. Been faultless in every dealing I, and my other half have had with them. Including fighting an almost certain 50/50 (round about bump where a guy changed lanes into her) to a successful none fault claim.

All customer service interactions with them have been good, regardless of who it's been with.

Lastly, always the cheapest. I would usually be sceptical as well, but personal dealings have been very positive, and at the moment, wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Re the not sending renewals out. Well, everything is online with them, IIRC I got an email saying I had 2 weeks. Plus I haven't been charged admin fees when changing things on the policy, as they just update them and no need to send out new docs.

Admiral the sneaky b*****ds don't send anything out in the post anymore.

so they set your account up to automatically renew and hope you don't notice when the renewal is the original price x3.456729

As of when? My insurance finished with admiral on the 28/10/13 about 3 weeks before that I recieved my renewal pack through the post from them, needless to say I didn't renew. I started a policy with Greenlight and saved £200+ pounds.

As of when? My insurance finished with admiral on the 28/10/13 about 3 weeks before that I recieved my renewal pack through the post from them, needless to say I didn't renew. I started a policy with Greenlight and saved £200+ pounds.

They did my renewal online as well, nothing through the post. Glad I noticed at the last minute. Lovely for them to tell customers....seems like they left it for the customers to find out themselves. I'm with brentacre this time and glad to be rid of admiral.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

They did it with the focus back in march so since before then I assume