ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insuring a boosted clio

monaco 172
Hi guys.

I've been contemplating boosting my 172 with an ED low boost setup.

How much insurance premium increase have people on here Had to pay on a low boost setup?

I currently pay 300 for the year fully comp with all basic mods declared. Exhaust, fatty induction etc.

If insurance is likely to be 1k plus then there is just no point, itb probably be cheaper to buy a focus st or meg 225.

Yes I know I can get quotes, but I was just curious about what people on here Had experienced when boosting

Don't forget that Brokers != Insurers.

Check who your broker has placed you with, as some insurance companies are a f**king nightmare to deal with if you need to claim off your own insurance.

monaco 172
Really, that's good to know. I was worried they'd want silly money to insure a Clio that's worth sweet FA but with a bit more power.

I'll get some quotes if I ever decide to make things a bit more official later in the year