ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insuring mods

Do all mods have to be declared? From the smallest thing like a sticker? Or a change of headlight bulbs?

Do you have to tell the insurer about anything thats not standard on the car, no matter how small?

I know these seems a dumb question just something I wondered about.

If not, then what doesn't need to declared?

MR2 Mk1.5
Do all mods have to be declared? From the smallest thing like a sticker? Or a change of headlight bulbs?

Do you have to tell the insurer about anything thats not standard on the car, no matter how small?

I know these seems a dumb question just something I wondered about.

If not, then what doesn't need to declared?

Yes, ALL changes to the car need to be declared.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
declaring everything is the easiest, you might aswell seen as how they basicaly wont charge you for any of it

1.2 16v clio
You're better off delcaring everything the last thing you want is someone else running into you and their insurance not paying out due to undeclared mods....not sure if it works like that but with the current financial climate I wouldn't be suprised

Evo 5 RS

Then why, when I was declaring my huge list for a quote did Flux tell me to stop before I could mention everything. lol

God I f**king hate insurance companies...

My other cars insured with you btw, so no offense ;)

I think the question here is what constitues a change that you need to know about, and what consistitutes general maintainence or replacing worn out bits? Surely you don't need to know about ALL changes, I mean I am positive that you don't care about my non-renault light bulbs, non-renault battery, non-ELF oil, non-PE2 tyres etc. What about an air freshenor? a steering wheel cover? They're "changes" from standard but I'm sure you couldn't care less.

However half the forum has an aftermarket exhaust for the exact reason same reason, but I bet the industry would love to label someone with a "stainless steel" exhaust as "high risk" to con a further £50 out of them.