ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intake/remap???

Clio1.416vBillabong
Hey all,

I am looking into installing and aftermarket intake although I have been told that if I install an intake system I would have to get my car remapped. Is this the case?

Phase 1 sport
What kind of aftermarket intake are we talking about?

Throttle bodies, rs2 etc? Or a aftermarket induction kit i.e ktec, homemade etc?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
You dont need a remap when you fit an induction kit.

You may get better gains if you had it remapped with an induction kit fitted though.

Easy to fit but don't expect any real gains from an induction kit apart from some added noise which is nice in a chavvy sort of way lol. I certainly wouldn't spend money on a remap for one.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Liam are they easy to fit or better just to pay a garage?

Is it a Renaultsport clio you have? If so then its very easy, remove the standard air box and fit the induction kit, jubilee clip your hose onto the throttle body and try and fasten your air filter to the metal beside the battery to stop it ratteling about.

Clio1.416vBillabong
No just a 1.4 was hoping to make it a replica style car if that makes sense rather than put chavy body kits and alloys on it.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahright, any photos of it?

Best to keep it OEM and then maybe get a 172/182 if you can afford to run it rather than making your 1.4 look like a RS clio?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahright, any photos of it?

Best to keep it OEM and then maybe get a 172/182 if you can afford to run it raher than making your 1.4 look like a RS clio?