ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Integra d2 or not?

PH2 172
Iv posted loads on here about Buying an integra. Iv only owned my Clio sport since october 2007 and iv always wanted an integra im only 20 and yes the insurance will be mental so prob would be going on my dads if i did chose to buy one iv always had a soft spot for them i love jap cars the sound of them with a cat back exhaust and decat pipe is unbelievable and when the vtec cuts in sounds awseome shall i sell my Cup and buy help.

Title suppose to say dc2 soz

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
and no jap crap vid would be complete without a daft jap driving

[youtube]CBgjEC7NrnQ[/youtube]

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Insurance in your dad's name? If you can't afford to insure it you can't afford the car. Not exactly got a shabby car for a 20 yr old, hang onto it until you can afford to buy and run a dc2.

PH2 172
I can afford to run the dc2 just insurance at mo is £1900 on mine and £1100 on my dads im on my dads on my cup at mo just because they said i had to be 21 to insure it on my own back in october but i can insure it on my own now for £1300 it would only be until i can insure it on my own which would be a few months just love the sound.

Turbos.
My biggest problem is the condition of the car as mentioned previously. Interiors are normally in a really sorry state, then theres shagged dampers, bushes etc. yet i'm sure most owners go down the pub saying they've got the best handling FWD ever... lol.

Just bear in mind that they are 10 years old now, finding a decent one will be hard. Thats why i would argue if one would be better than the Cup considering they are more expensive too.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
i saw a nice white one and id agree englebert, the red cloth inside was absolutely hammered, was a shame as it totally ruined inside the car big time.

The steering wheel was lovely and shiny, it had only done 52k as well.

ouch.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
They are great cars but maybe not as satisfying to drive as a cup. Ive never owned an Integra but did have a FTO GPvR (mivec) on a manual geabox which is very similar.
It sounded great but needed revving to hell before it did anything and i found this fustrating to drive. My 182 Cup is much easier to drive quickly and its much cheaper to run.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Rob makes a valid point! The DC2 is of a similarish era to the late Willy 3's! And most of the are sheds! Mine was! I spent more fixing it than i did driving it...Eventually it was fine, but i'd personally stick with the cup!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Read the performance car mag long term test. Despite being the cheapest car, it's costing the most to run with bits needing replacing etc. Great cars, but long in the tooth now.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They are great cars but maybe not as satisfying to drive as a cup. Ive never owned an Integra but did have a FTO GPvR (mivec) on a manual geabox which is very similar.
It sounded great but needed revving to hell before it did anything and i found this fustrating to drive. My 182 Cup is much easier to drive quickly and its much cheaper to run.
Can't be compared. The DC2 was named best ever FWD car by Evo, ahead of the Trophy, 205, Willy etc. FTO's don't come close.

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
All of the above were UK supplied cars. The FTO GPvR was JDM only and thus would not have been included in the test.

I myself have owned an original Williams and a 205 Gti, and the FTO was a genuinely better handling car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As I've never driven one I'm not gonna argue with you. But, didn't ralliart bring a few official FTO's over?

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
The Toyota Sprinter Trueno (Levin) BZR AE111 was Toyotas 'version' of the DC2. I have also owned one of these and can confirm that it handled superbly.
Again, practically unheard of due to being a JDM model.

Dont believe everything you read in EVO!

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
As I've never driven one I'm not gonna argue with you. But, didn't ralliart bring a few official FTO's over?

True. Official Ralliart 'imports' were available from 1999-2001 (if i remember correctly) and were only available as GPX models with the 5 speed tiptronic gearbox.

Doesnt really compare to a manual GPvR!

Ph1 172
Two of my friends have DC2s, its true there are alot of dogs out there, but one of my friends paid less than £6k and got an absolute minter, UK FSH with 60k on the clock. There not all that fast on the straights, infact there exactly the same as my ph1 172, but they look stunning and handle like dreams. Id swap my ph1 for one in a heartbeat.

As for insurance if you really want something you gotta pay for it, I had a pulsar at 20, and with mods declared it came to £3200 third party F&T. And it was worth every penny.

PH2 172
My biggest problem is the condition of the car as mentioned previously. Interiors are normally in a really sorry state, then theres shagged dampers, bushes etc. yet i'm sure most owners go down the pub saying they've got the best handling FWD ever... lol.

Just bear in mind that they are 10 years old now, finding a decent one will be hard. Thats why i would argue if one would be better than the Cup considering they are more expensive too.

ther is a few mint ones out there but you have to pay around 6k maybe more iv found one for £6495 interior is mint the whole car is mint engine bay looks tidy 45k fresh import full service history there is some pigs out there but u have to look hard to find a mint 1

PH2 172
I want the dc2 jdm import not the uk spec no its not dodgy its in my dads nam and im on the policy to drive it same as if it was in my name with my dad on the policy

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Why not import a car personally?

I did so with my FTO and got a great deal. Due to 'shaken' (japanese MOT rules) tests being so strict (and every 3 years) it is often cheaper for people to buy new cars rather than stick with their old one.

Used cars (usually 9 or 12 years old) are next to worthless in Japan so there are alot of reputable companies which sell them for export.

PM me if you want to know more details about importing one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I want the dc2 jdm import not the uk spec no its not dodgy its in my dads nam and im on the policy to drive it same as if it was in my name with my dad on the policy
If you're the main driver, but put yourself down as just a named driver, it's illegal and dodgy. There was a post put up a while ago by someone who's high up at an insurers about the lengths they go to investigate in the event of a high claim. Insurance is part of the running costs. If you can't afford that, then you can't afford the car, simple as. If you can afford it, then get it insured in your own name.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why not import a car personally?

I did so with my FTO and got a great deal. Due to 'shaken' (japanese MOT rules) tests being so strict (and every 3 years) it is often cheaper for people to buy new cars rather than stick with their old one.

Used cars (usually 9 or 12 years old) are next to worthless in Japan so there are alot of reputable companies which sell them for export.

PM me if you want to know more details about importing one.
And a car of that age from Japan will usually be in far better nick than a car from here.

K20 eg 217 whp.
Its fine to be a named driver, why else would they offer it on an insurance policy!!!

And yep, go for the DC2 it will > your clio

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
My tales of importing Japanese cars has reminded me of how cheaply they are available...

So im just about to make a telegraphic transfer for another one!

HELP! Im turning Japanese, again!

MCS R56
Its fine to be a named driver, why else would they offer it on an insurance policy!!!

And yep, go for the DC2 it will > your clio

When you own the car, I mean.

Paying that kind of money for insurance is just on car is just mind boggling! The insurance company has you quite literally bent over, primed when they are waiting for that type of payment!

Maybe if the car laws adopted the motorbike rules where you can only ride a certain size of bike until a certain age, all the insurance premiums would be lower.