ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Integra Update

Integra Type-R DC2
So, ive had it since August so its about time I gave it a proper write up.

What can I say, its excellent. In the time ive had it ive only really had one problem with it and that was down to a faulty spark plug. Makes a change after the Clio went wrong pretty much once every 3 months.

The handling is superb. It corners so well, there just seems to just be endless amounts of grip and the turn in response is excellent, it feels like its on rails. I took it out for a blast with my Dads Caterham and it held its own quite well. Im running 195/50/15 Yoko Prada Spec 2's and so far I cant fault them. Im not sure why everyone talks bad of them, ive not really had any brown pants moments in the wet, but then ive not tried to hero it into a corner during the pissing rain.

The engine is a peach, really pulls hard once you get up into the revs. The lack of torque is a bit of a pain when you just want to drive it casually, but I guess thats the flip side of Honda's VTEC engines. The close ratio box is excellent, the gear changes feel solid and mechanical, though its a pain when you need to do motorway driving. 5th gear, doing 70mph at 4500rpm means talking to anyone in the car becomes a shouting match. The Kakimoto cat back the car came with, whilst a bit loud for me, dose sound good. Likes to pop now and again, lurvaly!

I had big plans for it when I bought it, but ive since moved into a house share with a couple mates so money has been tight. Ive managed to change a few things that were annoying me though. First off was 2 new Honda logo badges. The old ones had faded pink, so took a (expensive) trip to Honda. £60 odd!

Next up was the headlights. Being a 96 spec, it doesnt have the HID's later models came with, so managed to get an aftermarket set off itr-dc2.com. Money well sent, the standard lights were like candles in jam jars. The new HID's have made a vast improvement.

Im not doing massive mileage in it at the moment, though at one point I was driving to Taunton and back, down the M5. That was a good 80 miles a day. On a motorway. In a car with minimal sound deadening and pretty loud exhaust. It wasnt a comfortable time, thats for sure.

So, in summary, if your considering one to hoon about in and your not fussed about fuel costs and dont do loads of motorway mileage, then get one. Theyre great fun!

Anyway, a few pictures ive taken since ive had it. Only phone pictures, but you get the idea.

The day I picked it up (with my Dads Caterham)
25902_1444573757259_1320590857_31293913_4784019_n.jpg

Driving in the snow was... interesting
25902_1444575877312_1320590857_31293915_5945865_n.jpg

Up on Dartmoor last weekend
25902_1444563597005_1320590857_31293909_6502129_n.jpg

Come August, ill probaly have to sell it on and downgrade to something more sensible, Ill miss it alot. Its by far the most fun ive had in a car. Still, weve got a few months left together...

S23

The Cleee-O
Looks really nice mate, always got a soft spot of Teg's. And White is the best colour for a DC2 in my eyes. And a nice little write up too, good that it managed to keep up with a Caterham as well :D

Integra Type-R DC2
I wouldnt say kept up, neither one of use was pushing hard. I had expected him to lose me through some of the twistier roads but it held its own well. I was chuffed anyway.

Integra Type-R DC2
Your dad is a hero!

lol... he started building one from scratch years ago. Welded all the chasis etc, got the engine in... then got bored, sold the chassis and engine and bought one someone else had built. Then stripped that completely, had all new aluminium panels made, shot blasted the chassis, built a new engine (1.6 crossflow from an old Ford Mexico) and rebuilt it. Its f**king awesome. That picture was taken about a month after he rebuilt it.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Always liked them. The previous owner of my 172 has just bought one, which i've just done the cambelt on. Came across the oh so common problem of a feckin' tight crank bolt. One of the few cars that havent dropped a penny in the last 4 years! Nice to see a nice clean original one, far too many have been played with too much, which isnt necessay as they are such a good car out of the box!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
good write up, 4500 at 70? mine sits at 4000 random but tottaly agree motor way driving is a pain but i dont do much motorway driving.
awsome cars tho i just cant think of anything to replace it with.

Integra Type-R DC2
Cheers guys. Been driving it about all afternoon in the sun, lovely jubbly!

Coupe/Defender V8
part ex? :eek:

On a serious note I'd really like to own one of these in a couple of years maybe. The insurance is very steep for me at the moment