ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interesting one....

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have recently moved house, so like a good lad I've rung up and registered my change of address, I have moved to a slightly less reputable post code, one notch down I believe when I researched it so I fully expected a bump in the premium a small amount.

I have both cars insured through the same broker, Flux, the 172 is standard and the turbo...well its turbo'd!lol!

no other changes to the policies, where cars are kept (drive/road,etc) all the same, just the address change.

the underwriter for the 172 came back with a hike of 7% on my premium, 30 quid or something, so happy with that, did that one first, then she ran through the turbo........... much to my surprise there was no change, underwriter decided to leave premium the same!

weird, just shows that insurance is essentially made up! ;) :rasp:

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Nope, just shows that in the area you have moved to your more likely to get the 172 nicked or vandalised. The Turbo isn't that desirable.

MR2 Mk1.5
Different underwriters for both vehicles? Are you sure that £30 wasn't just an admin fee for the change?

The guide you have used to look at the area ratings, I assume this is the antiquated guide which floats around on the net? If so, it is not to be relied on.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I cant remember where I checked the guide, but it matches to what the lass on the phone said, moved from a c to a d I think it was? and the charge is a premium adjustment, I've had the paperwork through for both, no admin charge on either, just a premium increase on the 172. yes the broker uses several underwriters, my policies are essentially completely separate, just happen to use the same broker in Flux is all.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nope, just shows that in the area you have moved to your more likely to get the 172 nicked or vandalised. The Turbo isn't that desirable.

technically the turbo is a modified example of a lower insurance group car as well I suppose, its only group 12 for a 1.8 16v, where as the 172's are 17 aren't they? there or there abouts?

MR2 Mk1.5
I cant remember where I checked the guide, but it matches to what the lass on the phone said, moved from a c to a d I think it was? and the charge is a premium adjustment, I've had the paperwork through for both, no admin charge on either, just a premium increase on the 172. yes the broker uses several underwriters, my policies are essentially completely separate, just happen to use the same broker in Flux is all.

Ok, insurers use their own area ratings, I'd assume that one underwriter views the area the same and the other sees it as slightly higher risk.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ah right, very interesting! will see what happens come renewal in November then :)